Author Topic: odometer problems  (Read 2240 times)

Offline fst_trx

• antrx.com junior member
odometer problems
« on: Aug 1, 2015, 04:23PM »
Got problems with the odometer working properly sometimes it will for 10ks and then it will stop and then randomly it will work again and stop.Ive changed the cog and still get this problem.Anyone know what could be wrong.

cheers

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: odometer problems
« Reply #1 on: Aug 1, 2015, 10:59PM »
Which cog did you replace (2 main cogs which are prone to go)There's a Sundial cog behind which also goes.
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline fst_trx

« Reply #2 on: Aug 2, 2015, 09:22PM »
Ye checked all the cogs there all good.Took it for a drive it was working for about 4kms and then stoped again.Maybe something a electrical not sure.

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #3 on: Aug 3, 2015, 02:16AM »
Which cog did you replace (2 main cogs which are prone to go)There's a Sundial cog behind which also goes.

There's a guide on here. Pretty much they melt over time with age. I've seen a few at wreckers and they just cack it.

The cog is the same as for the R31 pintara. You can buy them on ebay.

Hard to say if it is electrical. You are getting a signal for your speedo. If it was electrical, the speedo would drop out completely when you were driving for the cog not to work. Most likely the big cog like Habibosaurus said.

Offline fst_trx

« Reply #4 on: Aug 3, 2015, 04:49PM »
Ye like i said i checked all the cogs and they same to be fine.Not to sure what else it could be.Might have to buy an other dash if cant get this working.

cheers