Author Topic: Another one bites the dust.....  (Read 2063 times)

Offline FNQ TRX

• antrx.com full member
  • Bread, butter and bacon is how I roll.
Another one bites the dust.....
« on: Oct 29, 2017, 04:34PM »
Well, another funeral for a future classic....?!

P-Plater son nose to tailed the Pinny into the rear of a Mazda 2.  Result - lots of repairs to the Mazda and the Pinny being an economic write off. 

So on the TRX; both headlights done in, bonnet trashed, font bumper irons mangled - though the bumper skin looks recoverable with a heat gun and maybe some plastic welding.  Both front guards and corner lights all good, though the front of the car where the radiator mounts is bent in.  Radiator is OK (not leaking) but the air-con heat exchanger is like a banana and may not survive being straightened - though the aircon still works! 

The car is a red 1990 U12 TRX and I will part it out.  KA24E engine, 5 speed LSD gearbox, 143,000 kms on the clock.  All over original and in tidy condition.  Interior really tidy and I had the vinyl on the door cards re glued so they all look good.  Engine is running fine though had a chemical treatment for a suspected head gasket issue around 5000kms ago though it may have been a cracked thermostat housing that was the issue (housing since replaced).  The diff and box are good and the car had a new Exedy clutch 10,000kms ago.  Brake master cylinder overhauled and stainless sleeved.  Rear wheel cylinders overhauled.  Drive shafts are in good order, with the right hand shaft being reconditioned with new CV boot 10,000kms ago.  4 TRX rims, though one has a plastic centre cover, the other three are the original alloy.

Anyway, PM me an email address and I can send photos or any bits you might want.  Cheap prices. but freight will be added to all bits.  The car is in Cairns, so a bit of a distance from everywhere!
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2017, 04:56PM by FNQ TRX »
Old guy who should know better than to mess around with old cars.

Offline deviate

• antrx.com senior member
Re: Another one bites the dust.....
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2017, 06:22PM »
While that is sad to hear, I do have some good news, mine is for sale complete with the forged motor. Make an offer and it's likely yours

Offline sweetu12

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 02:22AM »
is this still available??

Offline s16864

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2018, 05:34AM »
Is the gearbox still available?