Author Topic: Thanks Noss  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
Thanks Noss
« on: Sep 28, 2018, 01:32AM »
Hello all,

Thought I'd get nostalgic and check the place out again. Looking at the forum stats, it sure was a hell of a time in the early-mid 2000s and I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this online community. I don't know what it is about the internet today, but it's just not like it was when we were all posting and having genuinely pleasant (for the most part) interactions as denizens of a common landscape and with a common interest that wasn't divisive like things seem to be nowadays. Each time I come back and have a browse through things, I'm left ever sadder that this mode of interaction fell out of favour on the internet and that we now have the likes of manufactured Facebook outrage and horrible subreddits.

Anyway, I enjoyed my time here and wanted to thank you again Noss for providing this platform (and continuing to host it!).

And I'm still nostalgic about the old warhorse - I'm quite confident that I've never felt as comfortable and satisfied as a driver as when I was in my Corsair (even if, in hindsight, my particular example was a heap of crap). I've been through a number of other vehicles, but none strike that same balance.
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: Thanks Noss
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2019, 05:42PM »
So a late reply but better than nothing right? Thanks Narxysus for the kind words, I do agree though the world that is the internet has changed greatly over the years, from meaningful posts full of information to a land of upvotes and downvotes.

I will always host the site for as long as I can, I have other sites of my own and I now host sites for friends as well and antrx doesn't take up too many of those resources. A while ago when the site was going quite well, hardtuned.net (nissansilvia.com etc) offered to buy antrx which I turned down. I don't actually think I saved the email, I should have. I could have cashed in, but I'm glad I didn't because all of this nostalgia would have been lost.

I'm sure we've all made some great friends through the site, made some fantastic memories and probably had one too many rants (sorry about my rants).

Feel free to come by and be nostalgic any time! :D

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like