Author Topic: anti-flame re: work  (Read 1616 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
anti-flame re: work
« on: Sep 10, 2004, 12:03PM »
i am a computer drafter at work. i did a lot of study while i was in high school relating to computer drafting. i graduated as the top drafting student, and i have now been drafting for 6 years. i'm in two drafting commities at work. basically there is one that involves 8-10 people which takes care of general stuff and one that has 5 of those people in it that make the ultimate decisions according to our work, how we work and what it looks like as well as a lot of other facets of what we do. i think that the larger group is starting to be phased out though. i've been involved with these groups since they began around this time last year.

anyway on with the story, 2 of the senior (senior as in have been here for ages -these two people have around 30yrs experience between them) people from the smaller group have recommended me to upper management as someone to take on a part time customisation role within the company. so i do my normal work, then i also work on programming/customising autocad for 5hrs a week, which ultimately, is what i like to do. so yeh, they reckon if the suggestion is accepted by management and i take on this position, it will give me a lot more say in things and i will be pretty much the highest ranking/most senior draftsperson in the company. whoo :)

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
Re: anti-flame re: work
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2004, 12:07PM »
congratulations! I hope it works out for you :)

Offline Pringles

• antrx.com baked not fried
  • post whore
  • ;-) check me out !
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2004, 12:42PM »
w00t go noss
Check out the Brown Couch !
the ole Nissan caught a cold... puachtuuu..!
i lost a testicle while shaving my scrotum
Jono wasn't here!

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2004, 01:09PM »
just got told 30mins ago that it was approved by the board of directors, however at the moment its limited to 4hrs a week of this customisation work.

when i was told it was approved i was told by my director, and i misunderstood what he meant. i thought he was saying that although i have been approved for this position/alloted time that i have to work less on it.. however its just a case of they dont want it to over run my usual work because my director has a plans for me which lead to being head engineer of my department down the track.

so anyway.. its been approved & for the moment its very part time, but i'm happy. :P

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline NeVetS

• Dent King!
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com senior member
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2004, 02:09PM »
Congrage Mr admin! :P

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore