Author Topic: Changing belts  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
Changing belts
« on: Apr 29, 2009, 01:23PM »
After lookin at my service manual which is like a billion pages thick i cant seem to find the section on how to change the belts on a KA24 motor....either im an umnar and cant see it or it just doesnt have one.....
So im just here to ask How to change the belts. Refering to the belts that are connected to alternator ps a/c ect.....cheers for ya help...also would be appreciated if you mention how to work on them, as in from inside the wheel arch or underneithe the car above from the engine bay ect...

thanks in advanced

"Noss is God"

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Re: Changing belts
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2009, 06:01PM »
You tighten loosen them using the bolts on the alternator... wind the alternator in and it gets looser.  Then you should be able to get your hand in there from the top and take the belt off.
Putting on is a bit of a bitch to get it all in the right spot without falling off.  start by looping around the bottom then feeding around the power steering and under the guide wheel that does nothing, then go from water pump up and over alternator again... pull alternator so it makes belt tight and boom.

Work on it leaning over the drivers side guard (put a towel there if you are worried about scratches).

Gregories manual definitely has how to do the belts.  ;)

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2009, 11:06PM »
Before you touch the adjusting bolt, there is a locking bolt to hold it in place. Loosen that first, then adjust, then tighten.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2009, 03:09AM »
cheers boys + karma

the manual i have is the nissan one
i would really like to get my hands on Gregories manual tho
if anyone can buy one near buy to them or has a spare pm me
its just one of them must have things for a car imo
"Noss is God"

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2009, 11:27AM »
Ive got them at work bud. Will check if we have pintara one tonight.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #5 on: May 1, 2009, 02:58AM »
cheers bro

on another not i dont think i want to buy the car and wats left anymore but im thinkin about buying the engine and gearbox if its an lsd manual and rebuilding them

changed my mind lol
i say thinkin tooo

id like to get them would be nice to have spares of them but gotta fix my car first b4 anything :( plus still waiting on KRUD $$$
"Noss is God"