Author Topic: Corsair ca20e Transmission stuffed! HELP!  (Read 1517 times)

Offline HarvieKrumpet

• antrx.com junior member
Corsair ca20e Transmission stuffed! HELP!
« on: Mar 3, 2009, 09:19AM »
My transmission as of lately has been sticking in first gear and has been dropping out of gear.
I had my transmission fully serviced and they told me that my whole transmission was stuffed.
I bought this car fairly recienty and they said that it wasnt worth replacing the transmission because of the cost.
I dont want to get rid of my car, because i have put alot of work into it, tinting the windows, putting on a trx kit, etc.
So i was thinking of grabbing a transmission out of an old pinny or corsair and dumping it in my car.
Is that a good idea? How much would it cost, and is it worth replacing?

Any help would be much appreciated =)

Offline HarvieKrumpet

• antrx.com junior member
Re: Corsair ca20e Transmission stuffed! HELP!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3, 2009, 09:34AM »
its an auto =)

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #2 on: Mar 3, 2009, 12:07PM »
if you do it yourself you should beable to do it fairly cheaply.

not sure exactly how much a box would cost, my guess... $300-400.  But keep an eye out for wrecks on ebay etc.  Plus factor in 5lt tranny oil (can be expensive), and maybe the seals too (say $50).  So I'd budget $500.

However i'm sure lots of people are thinking, swap to manual.  It would be a bit bigger of a job, and may take more time, $, and cause more frustration... I wouldnt bother.

I'd say its worth swapping, but you might be able to find a KA pintara at a reasonable price.  Just swap over your kit and windows etc. 

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 3, 2009, 02:09PM »
I did it for about $500 all said and done, I bought a wreck with a blown motor off the side of the road for $200 and swapped the gearbox over.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!