Author Topic: R31 pintara motor  (Read 3756 times)

Offline lozza

• antrx.com junior member
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
R31 pintara motor
« on: Dec 12, 2005, 05:42PM »
Hey guys and girls, now i have finally got my motor after beng sent a stuffed one as well as an r31 skyline motor (ppl should read order books better). Now the motor according to the wrecker needs front and rear seals, by this do they mean the seal behind the harmonic balancer on the front?? Which do they mean at the back?? I would ring and ask the wrecker wot he meant but i would imagine it would be too much for him to handle. Any help on this would be great, pics to see what ive gotta do would be awsome. Thanks for your time.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: R31 pintara motor
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2005, 09:44PM »
There's a seal around each end of the crankshaft, one behind the harmonic balancer and the other behind the flywheel or flex plate.

Pick the seal out with a screw driver (put it on the outside edge of the seal, tap the screwdriver down between the seal and the block and then lever it out.)

Then clean up the seal seat and crankshaft, maybe linish it with some medium-fine sandpaper and tap the new seal in.

Do that on both ends and you're right to go.

Oh and if you're ordering parts, give them your engine code (CA20E?) and ask for a front main seal and a rear main seal.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline lozza

• antrx.com junior member
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2005, 12:41PM »
Thanks  mate, i appreciate the help.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2005, 01:15PM »
Anytime,

Oh and you need to use fairly hard 'taps' when you get the old seals out. You'll absolutely mangle the old seal but that's what you got the new ones for.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!