Author Topic: faulty loom?  (Read 2761 times)

Offline nxka24de

• antrx.com junior member
faulty loom?
« on: May 7, 2006, 06:41PM »
has anyone ever bought something like a HU n the loom was faulty?

i have a new 7"TFT screen which turns on but screen doesn't motorise out. the loom supplied only has three wires; batt, acc and ground. i have taken it back the guy that sold it to me who plugged it directly to a battery and it motorised straight out which was kind of embarrassing. the theory was that there wasn't enough current to drive the screen motor so i did some re-wiring. i got to the point where despite repeated changes, it still wasn't goin n i had both acc and batt wires directly to the battery and the ground screwed directly to chassis (more than one location).

now, seeing as the seller showed me the screen obviously works and i am convinced it cannot be wiring, the only option left is the loom.

i don't want to go back and embarrass myself again so i'm checkin with u guys, is there something stupid i've overlooked here?

Offline Bullion

• antrx.com full member
  • Hey hey!
Re: faulty loom?
« Reply #1 on: May 7, 2006, 07:15PM »
You're sure you have the right power/accessories?

Are you talking about the loom of the actual unit? If so, how did you connect it to a battery without the loom plugged in? Or are you talking about the loom of the stereo that you have jacked into?

There should be enough power getting to it if you are just connecting it to the stereo wiring... I would just run a new constant power straight to the battery, and get the accessories from the key barrel.
1993 U13 Bluebird

Powered by Alpine Electronics and D2 Racing Suspension

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2006, 07:22PM »
when you get the rb26dett you get more power into your audio system.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline nxka24de

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #3 on: May 7, 2006, 07:28PM »
yes.. to clarify, the loom i'm talkin about is the one that came with the screen which is jacked to the back of it. i am guessin it is somehow faulty as i reckon i've tried everythin else.

There should be enough power getting to it if you are just connecting it to the stereo wiring... I would just run a new constant power straight to the battery, and get the accessories from the key barrel.
i already ran a new 16gauge cable for constant power direct to battery (spliced off 4gauge amp power with a distribution block) cos i thought there might not be enough current from the factory stereo loom. i have acc spliced off cigerette lighter but i previously had it also wired direct to battery to check but nothin...

when you get the rb26dett you get more power into your audio system.
i considered that... but i'm about $10,000 short... maybe next month  ;D thnks chr1s.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: May 7, 2006, 07:36PM »
hahaha

shit duuddeee i thought u were xxxx  :P
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: May 7, 2006, 10:05PM »
get a test light into the connections while loom is plugged into the deck, make a note of the brightness of the test light, or better still, use a multi meter

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline Bullion

• antrx.com full member
  • Hey hey!
« Reply #6 on: May 7, 2006, 11:13PM »
So if its the loom with the screen, how come it worked when the seller put it onto a battery?
1993 U13 Bluebird