Author Topic: ka24de engine dramas  (Read 3022 times)

Offline 91TR.X

• antrx.com full member
ka24de engine dramas
« on: Jul 19, 2009, 12:47PM »
hey guys, got the motor running (it has been put in a u12) but it was running rich, now for somereason i cant get it to run at all, retard and advance the timing and the note of the motor doesnt differ, it wants to fire but it just dosnt seem to want to run...  any ideas?

ive been drouble shooting myself, fuel lines routed the right way, double checked the injectors are wired the right way, leads are the right way... only thing that i may think is causing it is the cams are a tooth out! not sure though

Offline 91TR.X

• antrx.com full member
Re: ka24de engine dramas
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2009, 01:20PM »
ive had a little recap, im running the u12 coil, could it be sending the wrong signal to the dizy? (to suit ka24e) and also fuel wise it might have injector dribble! going to go have a look now (if i can find the u13 coil pack)

Offline 91TR.X

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2009, 03:10PM »
hmm, no injector dribble, and i swapped the coil pack over with another pintara we have and it runs it fine! pulled the dizy out to check to see if the locating keys werent damaged and there fine...

now the only thing i can think of now is fuel! the car has been sitting around for several months, and the fuel pump didnt pick any fuel up when i turned the ignition for the first time! but this still dosnt mean there couldnt have been stale fuel sitting in there which might have had an effect on the new fuel i put in it! owell... ill have to drain the tank, put new stuff in and add some metho

Offline 91TR.X

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2009, 09:15PM »
its been a while but i have finally sorted my problem, i replaced the spark plugs with a new set of NGK's they must have been a bad batch! i have put the old ones in and it runs much better, although its still getting too much fuel and is running rich at-least its running!

im going to try get my hands on another fuel reg, but if replacing that dosnt do anything ill have a go at fitting an after-market fuel reg

Offline SleepaTi

• antrx.com junkie
  • KA24DET Guru
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2009, 10:06AM »
on mine i had to retard the exhaust cam 1 tooth for the dizzy to read properly, the de's 0*deg pick-up is heaps more advanced than the e dizzy so you have to retard it mechanically

doesn't effect it's running as much as you'd think having a retarded (lol) exhaust cam, i still get 550km to a tank

try that for starters
NO! it's NOT a fucking SR20!!

Offline 91TR.X

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #5 on: Aug 1, 2009, 04:14PM »
cheers mate, ill give it ago...