Author Topic: interior mods  (Read 9696 times)

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: interior mods
« Reply #30 on: Jul 14, 2007, 08:03PM »
well said chris
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #31 on: Jul 14, 2007, 08:58PM »
While we are saying what we think of it, I'm not sure I like it. I can appreciate that he want's to have something different. I could drive a car that came with a white dash but I wouldn't trim one in white.

My only gripe with elcodek's (the noob) comment is that a white dash is illegal with no explanation why. I can't find antthing saying that it is, nor can I see why it would be.

Sorry about repeated letters in the odd spot but it is pretty cold in penrith and my hands are shaking.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #32 on: Jul 15, 2007, 10:54AM »
i've heard of people being defected for a "dangerous" dashboard due to obstructions, bright paint comes under that. just like a thing hanging from ur mirror, u can get in shit for that..
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #33 on: Jul 15, 2007, 06:21PM »
Are you guys going to flame me now? Just ease up, I'm sure if a moderator such as noss, sss, urq, budgie, or whoever said it you wouldn't say half the stuff mentioned

i dont see too much hate in there at all... the flame was for the lack of thought in the post.  If a mod said it i'm sure there would be just the same comments, and the thread would turn into a warning festival anyway.  No need for a peace keeper here, just some thought in an original post... especially when the thread was pretty quiet anyway.  2 months from the update, half a year from the original, I'm sure reece has already reflected on the dash as have most of the regulars... there is no need for such a blunt, rude, and out of touch comment.  I dont care who it is!

/rebuttal rant
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2007, 06:34PM by Colby »

Offline oldn_tired

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #34 on: Jul 15, 2007, 08:16PM »
The white dash I can take and Id like to see it when its finished, but did anyone notice the plastic checker plate floor mats????????? :o :o :o

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #35 on: Jul 15, 2007, 10:09PM »
Meh, last i checked there was an EOI for this car... and at a good price too!  price makes up for the glaring dash I suppose :P

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #36 on: Jul 15, 2007, 11:30PM »
lol... so much hate for the noobs...

Can you guys relax ?

It's his opinion and his entitled to say what he wants - also quite frankly I agree, a white dash is stupid, ugly, dangerous and ricey.

Are you guys going to flame me now? Just ease up, I'm sure if a moderator such as noss, sss, urq, budgie, or whoever said it you wouldn't say half the stuff mentioned.

Bit of respect kthx.

/rant.  :)

yeah i understand what ur sayin, but i rekon its the way in which that noob posted up his opinion. i do agree he's entitled - as we all are - to our own opinion, but (imo) when u read what he has posted, it seems as if hes just givin stacato statements; ie: "this looks gay".... "crap colour scheme".... "do this".... then ends with a retarted stab of "wow genius"  8)

there's no use of any of the "emoticons" which can hav a fair effect on what ur REALLY tryin to get across. can get critical and say that his middle sentence is a bit of a mouthful and thus can come across in a somewhat menacing nature....

anywho, that's just what i interpret when i read his post....  ::)
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #37 on: Jul 15, 2007, 11:48PM »
bleh,

who gives a shit, really.. ;D
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #38 on: Jul 16, 2007, 12:12AM »
has anyone else got an interesting interior?  something a bit different?

Dont meen to blow my own horn, but I think mine is pretty sweet with the metal door trims... but not to everyones taste.  Seen other good one with orange vinyl, but nobody has really done the dash?
everyone should put up a pic of their interior i think.  DO IT NOW!

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #39 on: Jul 16, 2007, 05:28PM »
Those door trims look pretty good colby, but don't they get hot when the sun gets on them  ???. What inspired you to do metal trim.

My interior is stock corsair ghia fan-fair but the front seats are TRX seats that I never got around to getting re trimmed. I did a plan/design but money became an issue for now, maybe oneday.

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #40 on: Jul 16, 2007, 11:29PM »
hey col, this query is not quite interior - rather the opposite, exterior....

u still doin those funky tail lights u mentioned a fair while ago? a-la-night rider style?  8)
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #41 on: Jul 17, 2007, 12:40AM »
hey col, this query is not quite interior - rather the opposite, exterior....

u still doin those funky tail lights u mentioned a fair while ago? a-la-night rider style?  8)

I made some sheet metal surrounds, but didnt really like them all that much.  Its still on the drawing board, just gotta figure out exaclty what I want... have been thinking about them alot lately actually, just so much other stuff that needs doing on the car.

Those door trims look pretty good colby, but don't they get hot when the sun gets on them  . What inspired you to do metal trim.

Well i think it was a book in the library "how to build cars of the fast and furious"  its a pathetic book about rice.  Anyway, original plan was aluminum, but when i explored the cost i totally gave up on the idea ($300 for the sheet aprox)  so sheet metal was the obvious step down ($25 a sheet).  It does get a little warm in direct sun, but with tinted windows its not bad, and its never been scalding hot... its more the cold that I hate about them, they take a while to warm up!

Offline w0057663

• antrx.com junior member
  • .:Ye Olde Plantyboy that is Matt:.
« Reply #42 on: Jul 22, 2007, 09:52PM »
im new round here so HI ALL!

btw, i reckon is looks the sex mate!
keep up the good mods!
CONFUCIOS SAY:
Baseball all wrong...man with 4 balls cannot walk!
Elevator always smell different to midget!
Man who eat bag of prunes gets good run for his money!
Man who walk through airport door sideways, is going to Bangkok!

Offline krip88

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #43 on: Aug 26, 2007, 10:55PM »
yea looks good, mayb a little over board with the white dash, bit to much white if you know what i mean, sometimes sutal is sexy, but yea good