Author Topic: cranking timing to the max. let the knock sens. do work.  (Read 1201 times)

Offline BennyGee

• antrx.com full member
  • i swear officer i didnt know they were Nos buttons
ive heard ppl talk of twisting there dizzy to max to the literal ignition timing should be a large degree above stock, and just letting the engine knock sensors retard it, i was wondering if this is a good idea in general or would it overwork the sensors and possibly risk have them fail,or short out. mainly specificly aimed at the KA24 for me but do put input about others as well.

and another thing, as the antrx chip overrides the timing, does the physical timing have to be set back to 20*(or watever) or will it take care of everything.

It aint a skyline, but itll sure take your excels out.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: cranking timing to the max. let the knock sens. do work.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2005, 12:52AM »
Advancing the timing via the distributor by X degrees advances all the values in the ecu by that same X degrees.
It is not a good idea. You should never rely on the knock sensor to prevent your engine from detonating due to too much spark advance.

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
Re: cranking timing to the max. let the knock sens. do work.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2005, 01:43PM »
not a thing to perform if you want your car to last longer than a couple of hours

the knock sensor wont be able to retard anything as well with the dizzy X degrees out

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!