Author Topic: My U12 Plans  (Read 2620 times)

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
My U12 Plans
« on: Jun 29, 2011, 07:52PM »
Hey all, since I'm new; thought I'd share my plans with you.
At the moment, I'm on my L's (able to go for p's in september) so that makes things a bit restrictive but, work with what you got.

Car: Nissan Pintara gli U12
Year: 1990
Engine: CA20E

First off, just a simple CAI, extractors (already owned, bought them from mph), Free flowing muffler (most likely with 1 wall/re-stricter rather than none, because I heard they sounds a bit crappy with the extractors?). Monroe gas shocks with King Springs (super lows if they can fit without wheel scrape), R31 skyline rear swaybar.

Exterior; Rims (Enkei 92), resprayed to get a better finish (the current paint is a bit faded, but still sticking with white), chromed door handles, window tint. 2000 WRX front bar (very similar to Dano's project), some sort of skirts and rear bar.

Then just extras like a stereo, sports steering wheel and possibly sports seat/interior re-trim.

Finally, if I still have the car when I get my opens (most likely!!  ;)), a CA18DET conversion, apparently they're a straight bolt in, so sounds good  ;D

Pretty excited about it all, so I had to tell you's lol.
Talk to you's around  :)

Offline JAWSTRX!

• antrx.com junkie
  • TRX STYLE!!!
Re: My U12 Plans
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2011, 10:36PM »
Allways good to see a new Member so Welcome...
Didnt think R31 Sway bars will fit a u12.They Must I quess... Why Not Go with a KA24DET Conversion? or even a SR20DET wene u get ur opens.... Their Better Engines then a CA18.

Anyways Keep the Updates coming and Good Luck Moding ur Car.
TRX 1-FORD FALCON 0

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2011, 11:17PM »
Enkei 92's are fucking sick !
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2011, 12:14PM »

Didint think R31 Sway bars will fit a u12.They Must I quess... Why Not Go with a KA24DET Conversion? or even a SR20DET wene u get ur opens.... Their Better Engines then a CA18.

I'm not 100% about the sway bar, a guy off the r31 forum was trying to tell me they fit  ???
Yeah, the sr and ka engines are better, it's just costs? I'm hoping to do a relatively cheap turbo conversion, that's what made me a bit errr about the sr.. Some guys seem to have done the ka though, I'll have to talk to them :)

Enkei 92's are fucking sick !
I know right :D

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2011, 02:26PM »
I'm not 100% about the sway bar, a guy off the r31 forum was trying to tell me they fit

I can't see them fitting, the R31 is RWD so would have a fairly different rear end setup.
J30 maxima will definately fit the front, maybe rear also?
Front swaybar is probably going to make a bigger difference to handeling, will make steering more responsive and reduce unersteer.

While looking for the Enkeis remember you can easily do a 5 stud conversion if it makes the wheels cheaper/easier to find.

All the best with it!

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2011, 03:18PM »
I can't see them fitting, the R31 is RWD so would have a fairly different rear end setup.

True that - does the J30 provide a pretty big increase? and do whiteline make swaybars for the U12?

Doesn't really bother me with the 4/5 stud scenario, although there are a lot more 5 stud wheels haha, these enkei's are only $800 (that includes shipping and insurance  ;D )
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2011, 03:20PM by MattJohn »

Offline Xnissman

• qld local moderator
  • post whore
  • Speed Thrills - Stupidity Kills
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2011, 06:25PM »
Regarding swaybars, yes I have Whiteline on my old Pinny (now my daughters).
Take it to the limit - take it to the track.
speed safe; club level motorsport.
Life is like a box of chocolates.