Author Topic: 2.4 ignition  (Read 1404 times)

Offline pete05

• antrx.com junior member
  • I'm a llama!
2.4 ignition
« on: Jul 23, 2004, 11:18PM »
does anybody know of any common ignition problems with the 2.4 l as my car has just stopped. It had a problem when you just start to apply throttle it would die and then pick up (1000 to 1500) like its loosing all power. Now when you crank the car the tacho doesnt even bounce.

iren

Re: 2.4 ignition
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2004, 06:49AM »
ignition problem is not common for the KA24E (at least not on mine).. but do run checks on the coil and module....and the dizzy as well for bearing leak..check the usual (code, compression, etc...) and report back..

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2004, 03:57PM »
there might be info that will help here: http://www.antrx.com/tech/article.php?t=4441&a=noss&v=t

you will need to log in using your username and password for the forums to view it

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline pete05

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2004, 06:29PM »
Ok checked over the car today in day light and everything looked in order so i did an ecu check and that came back code 55 (ok) so i put my foot flat and cranked it, it finally started with a large cloud of smoke (black) and has been running fine ever since. Am going to check all the sensors hot and cold. I went to local selfserve wrecker to day and noticed all the 2.4 motor were missing coolant sensors, might be a common problem.

Offline pete05

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2004, 02:17PM »
Was the coolant sensor refer to my post on thermo electrics