Author Topic: 2.4 two pistons no compression. lonng story  (Read 1420 times)

Offline omg24t

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
2.4 two pistons no compression. lonng story
« on: Feb 24, 2008, 12:05AM »
hey guys i got a 89 corsair with a ka24 .story is the car was with an (ex) mate of mine who called me up at midnight and said he'd just blown the box and the car needed towing. ne who towed it to the mechanics , new clutch , new box full service on the motor, so on. mechanic come to start it and the things running like a bad of $%^ does a compression test finds 2 pistons with no compression now from what i understood from him was pistion rings or some sort of rings had come up through the combustion chamber and found there way into the head wtf. during that time me and my friend stopped talkin and i wasnt gonna call him up to pay for a motor too i just said fk it.

i dont wanna have to sell the car because it drives real nice and great on petrol so wonderin anyone had a prob like this is it easy to fix or should i just change the motor i remember the mechanic sayin that if i'm lucky this so called ring would shoot out of the exhaust while i'm driving lol any suggestions guys?

Offline cruizer

• post whore
Re: 2.4 two pistons no compression. lonng story
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2008, 03:55PM »
It sounds like the cheapest/easiest option is a new motor. You can get one second hand (cost me $1200 incl. installation) or you can get a reconditioned or rebuild engine (more expensive).

It will cost a crapload of moolah to strip the engine down and fix it up unless you know what you are doing and have mechanic mates etc.

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2008, 04:02PM »
There is a product on the market that I have seen used on Excavators, Dozers, Tractors that sit there running all day. The cylinder bores get glazed and start burning oil and get low on compression. It may work for you.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline omg24t

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2008, 08:56PM »
thanks guys well i can get a motor for 250 so any one know how to change one of these? i'v done engine swaps but only on rear wheel drives i can pay someone to do it if there willing too

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2008, 05:18AM »
Easy to change mate, do it yourself if you've got an engine crane
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist