Author Topic: What tyres you running??  (Read 17167 times)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
What tyres you running??
« on: Jun 9, 2007, 07:23PM »
Just curious to know what rubber your running under ya cars ....
Make, Diameter and opinion on them and the car ur running them under
example
smokes up well
or
grips well in wet, save my life
something like that
cheers

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2008, 06:10PM by Vithy »
"Noss is God"

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: What tyres you running??
« Reply #1 on: Jun 9, 2007, 07:52PM »
I've got some Maxxis tyres on my car, 205/60R15, $90 per corner fitted.

They're average as far as grip, noise and wet weather goes. Fairly soft sidewalls so a fair amount of tyre roll when cornering, and a bit vague as far as road feel goes.

They wear quite well though, I'll probably get about 60-80 thousand out of them. My driving 'style' incorporates mostly everyday driving, with the odd thrash session (hard cornering and braking, e.g. mountain runs.)

Before these I had Falken Azenis on the front and Ziex on the rear, both directional tread. (can't remember model numbers). They were the same size as above.

The Azenis had stiffer sidewalls and more grip than the Ziex, but wore quicker and when they were nearly bald I rotated them to the back.

The Ziex were less grippy than the Azenis, but moreso than the Maxxis that I have now. Sidewall stiffness was inbetween as well.

I don't know how quickly the Falkens wear compared to the Maxxis tyres because my front toe was way out, had an alignment done with the new tyres. When they had about 3mm tread on them they seemed to aquaplane a bit at 100km/h+, compared to the bob janes (below) which didn't aquaplane until they were at the tread indicators.

Also had some Bob Jane Aussie All-Rounders on before I got the 15" rims, they were 195/65R14.

Grippy, good road feel and good comfort but wore really quickly. I got about 25-30,000km out of a set with my then 'moderate-hard' driving style. However they do have a 'road hazard guarantee', which means if you get a puncture, blowout or other defect caused by something on the road (nails, rocks, metal etc) they repair the tyre for free, or replace it for the cost of the tread that you've used. I busted a sidewall open on a storm drain when they were still almost new and got a new tyre fitted for free.
« Last Edit: Jun 9, 2007, 09:57PM by Jono »
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Jun 9, 2007, 08:26PM »
i think the best vaulue tyres u could get for 15's are bob jane xenon z3's or whatever they are called...ive heard some really good things about them and they are only about $90 per corner.

i'm personally running khumo 205/60/15's. I wouldn't really reccomend them. They will last for about 50,000km because they are so damm hard and ungrippy! did i mention they screech like an absolute bitch around any corners at any reasonable speed??
Noss you look like a cereal killer ;D

well not our fault that saantrx is gay as

Offline wicked

• antrx.com senior member
  • U13
« Reply #3 on: Jun 9, 2007, 09:11PM »
Here's what's I've got.  :)

http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=11650.0

& I'm still happy.  ;D

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #4 on: Jun 9, 2007, 09:24PM »
I had kenda tyres on my stock rims, squeal like a bitch even when you're not driving like a knob. Thumbs down, not bad at $60/corner though.
Before that i had a set of simex sm50's which were on the car when i got it, had an ok road feel, no squealing from these tyres, so thumbs up if anyones looking for a set to go on the stocko rims.

Now i've got a set of michelin energy's 205x65's on my 15's and they have give the a good road feel. as for flogging, i'm not game cos they're too new. the sidewalls do appear to be quite soft, which could cause problems in the wrong situation.
They're a semi-directional tyre, $120 a corner, the tyre shop guy reckons they're the second best model or something, i dunno if he was bs'ing or what.

Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Jun 9, 2007, 09:46PM »
On 14" rims I have:

Firestone Firehawk TZ100. Was wheels magazine consumer for 2005. (this is what I am told). size is 195/65/14.
     Grips well in the dry and very good in the wet. Noise wise not much at all. Wear rate is low, had them over a year now and look new, only wear is on outside of one due to wheel allignment. Looking to get another 30 000kms if not more out of them. Cost dad $96 a tyre.  ;)

Seem to stand up to enthuiastic driving quite well, sidewall isn't too soft,nor to stiff. A good allround tyre if you ask me. Will get them again except maybe wider and with a lower side profile.

Offline parton96

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2007, 01:18AM »
on my car i am running federal summer performance 205 45R17, they are great for grip and amazing in the rain. corners like a bear to. the only down fall is that since they are low profile, you can feel bumps a lot more as you likely know already

Offline bones

• antrx.com junkie
  • got ka?
« Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2007, 10:47PM »
DONT TOUCH roadstone!!!!!ive got some on my car...sales rep said they were quality! ive almost put myself thru roundabouts on a dry day! dont beleive them!!!....sorry but yea na theyre crap.
if there was anything worth reading here youve read it already

even with all of todays wisdom...there is still no way to portray an enemy...

"Noss Is God"

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2007, 11:13PM »
You get what you pay for.

BFG G Force Sport, 215/40/17's. They were $250 per corner approx 2 years ago.

I never skimp on tires.

Offline bones

• antrx.com junkie
  • got ka?
« Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2007, 11:18PM »
na i know that now...its just savin up for some nice bf's...
if there was anything worth reading here youve read it already

even with all of todays wisdom...there is still no way to portray an enemy...

"Noss Is God"

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #10 on: Jun 29, 2007, 01:26AM »
I just bought 2 new Falken KF452's for my car today. My previous tyres, Yokohama somethings were so Bald that I had a blow out last friday night. I was planning on getting tyres this week anyway. I have bridgestone potenzas aswell. They are wearing well, well they would be if I could get more adjustment on the camber (too low). Waiting on a new set of camber bolts with a bigger offset. Sorry, rambling.

The Yokohamas wore really well, they only had about 40-50% tread when I got them and handled a whole year of thrashing.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline nickstrx

• new kid on the block
« Reply #11 on: Jul 6, 2007, 05:44PM »
im running Bridgestone Potenza's 215/45/17
great handling tyres, picked up a set of 4 for $200 with 90% tread...cant complain

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #12 on: Jul 7, 2007, 12:16AM »
195/65/14....

was running Yokohamas that were pretty average, but lasted me about 3yrs/50,000-ish kms....

now running Michellan Energy XM1: its a silica compund tyre and is HEAPS better in terms on grip (esp in wet compared to the Yokos) and quietness on road. we'll see how long these puppies last....
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #13 on: Jul 7, 2007, 08:39AM »
195/65/14....

now running Michellan Energy XM1: its a silica compund tyre and is HEAPS better in terms on grip (esp in wet compared to the Yokos) and quietness on road. we'll see how long these puppies last....

Is this the tyre that is supposed to imprive fuel consumption. Or am I thinking of another tyre.

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
« Reply #14 on: Jul 9, 2007, 09:27PM »
Is this the tyre that is supposed to imprive fuel consumption. Or am I thinking of another tyre.

urrggghhhh.... sorry, got no idea! just went into the tyre factory and asked the dude there for a fair decent tyre.... ended up gettin these michellan energy xm1's

would be good if they actually do improve fuel consumption!
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #15 on: Jul 10, 2007, 10:50AM »
Nankangs....my advice is don't buy them....

Crap all grip in wet but they will probably last me the rest of the life of the car  :D

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
« Reply #16 on: Jul 15, 2007, 11:33PM »
see i thought nankangs are supposed to be good? ???

Offline P-Unit

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #17 on: Jul 16, 2007, 12:54AM »
I agree with the above roadstone's comment.

Rubbish, and no grip whatsoever, dont even try to floor it in the wet, my old yokohamas (all unroadworthy bald) didnt slide out in the wet as much as the regal roadstones of the same dimensions did. The regals have only about 10,000kms on them, but i can just stomp it, pop the clutch and sit there with them basically on fire (at the track of course).

Dont buy roadstones, theyre CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP. Hopefully i live till next august when im buying my mates rims when his new car comes in.

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #18 on: Jul 22, 2007, 09:27PM »
what did these cars originally come wid outa curiosity??
i swear someone typed it in before and im my tired state i cant find it!!
"Noss is God"

Offline ajox

« Reply #19 on: Jan 22, 2008, 03:12PM »
jesus christ i cant believe how much SSS paid for his G-Force Sport's. i got mine last fall for about $90 a piece. they are excellent tires for autocross and a nice winding road. wet traction is decent, but dont get your hopes up if you put them on a FWD car, like mine. mine are 215/50/VR15. i will definitely buy these tires again. treadwear is excellent too, even the way i drive.
"damn kids. give'em anything with a five speed and they think theyre fucking mario andretti."- SC State Trooper

Offline wicked

• antrx.com senior member
  • U13
« Reply #20 on: Jan 22, 2008, 03:53PM »
Those are 17" low profile tyres, hence much more expensive. I believe you get what you pay for. I've yet to find tyres that are really cheap and good and lasting too.   ::)

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2008, 07:41PM »
These prices are in AUD too.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #22 on: Jan 22, 2008, 09:03PM »
I got 215's by 45 by 17's and i got some Nexens (i think) cheap $160 a wheel tires for the rear. Cant complain.

I have some secondhand jap import tires, no idea on the brand. Grip is amazing. Just had my struts done and i can take roundabouts at 60-80 in the dry. In the wet i sometimes loose one wheel spinning but never both, grips before then (while cornering). Smokes good with no screech.

Old tires were pirelli tires expensive, $150ish for 14inch stockies. went balled really fast and grip wasnt much more than shit tires.

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
« Reply #23 on: Jan 23, 2008, 10:51AM »
I just bought Federal 535 (185/75R14 stock r31 pintara)

They wear well, grip awesome in the dry and fine in the wet. I had some years ago, then went to Pos-a-Traction, more like Pos a crap.
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 24, 2008, 12:10AM »
I have some secondhand jap import tires, no idea on the brand. Grip is amazing. Just had my struts done and i can take roundabouts at 60-80 in the dry. In the wet i sometimes loose one wheel spinning but never both, grips before then (while cornering). Smokes good with no screech.

I love the tyres you can get off jap imports for next to nothing.

I've had one set and they were awesome as far as grip goes.

I believe they void your insurance if you have a prang though due to not being legal on Aussie roads.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #25 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:55AM »
I love the tyres you can get off jap imports for next to nothing.

I've had one set and they were awesome as far as grip goes.

I believe they void your insurance if you have a prang though due to not being legal on Aussie roads.
thats stupid tires wid more grip voiding insurance....they should lower the prices of ur insurance if u run on them :D
"Noss is God"

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #26 on: Jan 24, 2008, 03:33PM »

The reason i've been told is that the import tyres are missing a bit of information on the sidewall.
And its this reason alone that we cant use the better japanese tyres.

My choice are Pirellis P6000  $150/corner, extremely good all year and they cop a lot of high speed cornering abuse, sudden braking and grip up well on launches
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:14PM »
The reason i've been told is that the import tyres are missing a bit of information on the sidewall.

Yeah, a DOT approval stamp ::)
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #28 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:27PM »
I'm running 225 by something by 17's... I'd look but its raining right now.

they are Bridgestone Adrenalin Potenzas RE001 and I've only lost traction once under hard braking but they were cold at the time too.

a bit pricey though, I paid about $95 a tyre
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #29 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:31PM »
And its this reason alone that we cant use the better japanese tyres.

My choice are Pirellis P6000  $150/corner, extremely good all year and they cop a lot of high speed cornering abuse, sudden braking and grip up well on launches
thats so homo and stupid! owell such is the system

they are Bridgestone Adrenalin Potenzas RE001 and I've only lost traction once under hard braking but they were cold at the time too.

id be happy $95 a tire i was expecting to fork out $120 a tire coz i plan to get some bridgy similar to them but in 14in 215
"Noss is God"

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:42PM »
Im running some Kumho Tyres 215/40 R17's cost $225 a corner. Grip in wet is as good as if not better than dry. More than worth the money in my opinion.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:06PM »

$95 seems very cheap for a 225/r17 tyre

I pay that for 205/r16's and consider it cheap.
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2008, 09:41PM by JelloBello »
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:06PM »
Supercats FTMFW..... ;D ;D ;D

Nah they are ok for day to day I guess, decent allrounder but nothing spectacular for racing and FWD Dorfito :P
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:00PM »
$95 seems very cheap for a 225/r17 tyre

I pay that for 205/r16's and consider it cheap.

I guess I'm just used to paying $50 for tyres on the old car :P

I actually had to go back to the shop today to price some tyres for my brothers new car, he's the same size wheel and they were gonna charge 200+each :S guess I musta got a christmas deal or something.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2008, 02:10AM by Smiley Of Terror »

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #34 on: Apr 24, 2008, 12:35AM »
well i got new tyres today since i need them to get off defect :S

I got a set of Firestone Fireharks i think it was....just got them so i cant say much about them yet.... i was after getting a set of 225/65 R14 put on my stock trx rims like the onces i already had on that came wid the car but bridgy said they were to wide and were rubbin on the inside of the front guard and were very very close to rubbing on the rear strut tower

so now im running around on 195/65 R14 i paid 119 a tire

anyone running 205 on stock trx rims and suspension and have no problems coz id like to have a tyre wider than 195 if it will fit

also another note is that i coulud only see evidence on both the tire and inside wheel arch of it rubbing on the front left side could that be indicatin anything ??
cheers
"Noss is God"

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #35 on: Apr 24, 2008, 02:57AM »
Falken Azenis RT215

fucken love em!
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #36 on: Apr 24, 2008, 10:12AM »
anyone running 205 on stock trx rims and suspension and have no problems coz id like to have a tyre wider than 195 if it will fit

yer man..rubbed like a bitch in the back. Depending on the sidewall they're too fkn big for trx rims.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline ashman01

• post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #37 on: Apr 24, 2008, 10:19AM »
I just went and got 2 new tires.

Running Toyo 215s by 45's by 17's now. Cost about 190 a tire. Needed to take a baseball bat to my rear guards tho.

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #38 on: Apr 24, 2008, 01:16PM »
hmm strange!!

the guy said id have no problem with guard rubbing at the rear only at the front....the only thing rubbing in the rear would be the tire on the strut tower

would upgrading to say a 15in rim allow me to have a slightly wider tyre with out any rubbing??? im just trying to understand how all this tyre business wrks..
"Noss is God"

Offline Gibbo

• now thats pure car porn
« Reply #39 on: Apr 24, 2008, 02:42PM »
got GTs 215/40/17 mean in the dry after they are warm . nt bad in the wet, can powerslide and still turn were you wnt cost bout 130 each . take a bit to get good smoke 
All of our questions are answers  to our sins, All of our endings are waiting to begin. SLIPKNOT VOL3 the subliminal verses

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
« Reply #40 on: Apr 24, 2008, 05:04PM »
I know a bloke with an R31 Ti Skyline, original 15" Rims. The tossbags at his tyre joint wouldn't put 205/65R15's on - "Have to go with what's on the placard" lielielie.... They fit. They actually correct the speedo error on his car. Nothing rubs. I've seen it done on other Skyline Ti's.
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline ashman01

• post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #41 on: Apr 24, 2008, 11:49PM »
My tyres dont rub on the strut. Still got about 2cm ish of clearence.

They WILL scrub on the rear tho unless u have some mighty stiff suspention.

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #42 on: Apr 25, 2008, 02:20PM »

that seems bloody cheap, i got a set on the car 215/40R17's and 215/45R17's on the daily. they were about a grand NZD's per car.
should be cheaper now as i work for bridgestone. ;)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #43 on: Apr 25, 2008, 06:09PM »
wat do u do for bridgy??
"Noss is God"

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #44 on: Apr 26, 2008, 07:55PM »
wat do u do for bridgy??

work at a local branch, the "bridgestone performance center" as a tyre and wheel alignment technician in the training.

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #45 on: Apr 28, 2008, 02:09AM »
that seems bloody cheap, i got a set on the car 215/40R17's and 215/45R17's on the daily. they were about a grand NZD's per car.
should be cheaper now as i work for bridgestone. ;)

lol, story behind that was the guy at the shop wasn't going to be working there much longer, he hated his boss so he did me a really sweet deal on the tyres. They were supposed to be $225 ea. I only found this story out last week.

Tyres are still going really strong, it's been the first time it's been really wet since I got them and they still stick like glue. I have thought about getting Yokohama's next time though.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2008, 02:13AM by Smiley Of Terror »

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #46 on: Apr 28, 2008, 04:57PM »
just used my RE001's on the track on sunday, was up against alot of cars on semi slicks.
they did well but just don't cut the mustard trying to do 80-100kmh cornering ;)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #47 on: Apr 29, 2008, 07:54PM »
yea for some reason my tires dont cut the mustard when they arent roating in the wet...hmm maybe they are faulty lol!!
"Noss is God"

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #48 on: May 3, 2008, 01:54PM »
when they arent roating in the wet...hmm

not sure what you are on about, roating?
was a dry day and the semi slicks they were all on were a grooved slick, as in dot rated and sticky. ;)

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #49 on: May 3, 2008, 01:59PM »
dozer,

Vithy was just venting a bit of frustration because he recently locked up his fronts in the wet and crashed his car.
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #50 on: May 3, 2008, 07:15PM »
dozer,

Vithy was just venting a bit of frustration because he recently locked up his fronts in the wet and crashed his car.

cheers, was wondering what he was talking about.
did not make sense as i was not in the know. ;D

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #51 on: May 3, 2008, 09:28PM »
you must'n be very cool if u aint in da loop :P
"Noss is God"

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #52 on: May 4, 2008, 10:36AM »
sorry, the several km's of water between us dose not help.
will try to stay in the loop more often. ;D :P

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #53 on: May 4, 2008, 01:32PM »
bahahahaha

dw ur forgive :D
"Noss is God"

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #54 on: May 4, 2008, 01:47PM »
On the forester I have toyo transas teo 215/60/r61 on the front, about 7 months old and seem to be allright, haven't tried them in the wet due to a lack of rain in our area they retail for $220 a each, on the rear there is a set cooper lifeliner touring sle, they are pretty well worn out and will be replaced by either the same as the front or kumho 4vans, the kumho's are a good cross between a highway tyre and a sandy track type tyre, they grip well in all conditions,are quiet and wear really well, dad has a set on his mazda tribute, two yrs old and still have another 18mnths in them.   

Offline B4

• antrx.com full member
  • Nothing a 50round burst won't fix
    • My Site
« Reply #55 on: May 4, 2008, 02:04PM »
got federal ss595's of my subaru.

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #56 on: May 4, 2008, 03:44PM »
got federal ss595's of my subaru.

how do they go? I have been thinking about getting some for track use only 'cause I can get a discounted price..

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline B4

• antrx.com full member
  • Nothing a 50round burst won't fix
    • My Site
« Reply #57 on: May 4, 2008, 05:18PM »
they are very good.  heaps of tread, nice and quiet, heap more grip than the mid range falkens i had on it previously. 

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #58 on: Aug 4, 2008, 11:55PM »
Random question seeing as I have seen a few imports lately with Snow tyres on them and was wondering has anyone driven with these in non snow conditions?

My understanding is that they are great, well for snow obviously....  ::) but in Summer they apparantley are not too bad until the temp  goes up and being a softer compounder looses its form.

Was enquiring if imports are allowed to be complied with them than could the issue of losing its form make it borderline illegal/should be/ nah its fine as it is?

Just some thoughts...  8)
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.