Author Topic: start here...  (Read 108584 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: start here...
« Reply #120 on: Jun 24, 2006, 08:17PM »
wow mate, thats a very clean car.. my brother commented that it looks like its in a show room! very impressed.

welcome aboard and we hope to see you around more in the future.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline ianbond

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • Got milk?
    • My Cardomain site
« Reply #121 on: Jul 3, 2006, 05:05PM »
Thanks man!
... God knows I'm a voodoo child......

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #122 on: Jul 3, 2006, 09:04PM »
Thats what all red/maroon cars should look like :)

Its a 'bad' colour on older cars most of the time, but when its been looked after it can looks fantastic!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline cheeseman

« Reply #123 on: Jul 18, 2006, 12:24PM »
Hi - new member in Brisbane.  Driving a 94 manual Atessa Bluebird in that Nissan grey/black colour.  Car is just as Mr. Nissan intended it with addition of 3 in. exhaust which helps.  Great to see active discussion around the forgotten Atessas.

PS: Also like the spell checker

Cheers

Offline thaivietg714

• antrx.com junior member
  • Don't Fake it, Just Take it
« Reply #124 on: Jul 18, 2006, 12:57PM »
Hi, my name is thomas, i have a 89 u12 stanza, 120k miles

its blue
black hood,
it recently suffered from hit and run that was really big mess

sigh...
im still in the process of fixing the whole front end, i have the cash, but im debating whether if its worth fixing it or not.

yeah ive been at antrx for a whiel but never posted, im from teamnse.

ive been there since long time

im vietnamese, and i live in california.

hmm what else should i say.

thanks for any help

Offline tedman

« Reply #125 on: Jul 22, 2006, 11:04PM »
Gday all,
            My name is John, however people call me Teddy - long story. I still drive my first ever car - A '95 Bluebird SSS. I bought it 5 years ago at 100k and have driven it another 100k - in the meantime chucking in extractors and exhaust to squeeze out another 20 horsies. Put in King springs which is probably the best thing you can do for Bluey - Makes them beautiful to drive. I think they are still one of the best cars you can get, but regrettably i am selling old Bluey - So i can get another one! It pretty much came down to a choice... Buy a 200sx, or buy an Attessa with low k's, throw in a stroker kit and a massive turbo and have change left over to completely redo the ex/interior. No contest really?
            For anyone interested in my U13 SSS with KA24DE it is selling for 10 grand or nearest offer. You could probably find one cheaper but i doubt youll find one nicer for that price. Cyas round,

Tedman
Townsville, QLD

Offline kERo66

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #126 on: Aug 18, 2006, 04:21PM »
Hey, I'm Kieran mates call me Kero, i drive a u12 nissan pintara T 1991 white, its all stock as far as i know, cept for the sound system that ive put in, which isnt finished yet.

im looking around to see what mods if any i could do to my pinta and finding prices etc, about to put in an amp and sub to complete my sound for the time being, might even replace my shitty sony 6", but anyway ill be around the forums a little.

caio

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #127 on: Aug 19, 2006, 12:25AM »
Hey Kieran, welcome to the site.

What kinds of mods are you wanting to do to your Pinnie? If you're after performance check out the antrx shop in the for sale section of the boards, for any other mods check out the U12 section and the technical articles.

What kind of sound system have you got in your car now?
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline kERo66

« Reply #128 on: Aug 19, 2006, 10:56PM »
um because its my first car i was just planning (after reading the tech thread about mods and stuff) on pod filter, extracters and a full exhaust. my friend can hook me up with a pod for 50 dollars, but i have to save lol, and then save for the rest. as for sound i made an informed decision(badly informed with respect to my 6") i have 2 sony xplodes (6"[XS-GF1621X]) 2 kenwood 6x9s(sorry no serial for this one dad threw the box out), and a kenwood head unit (KDC-MP4029G), its really nice sound, but the xplode thats in my passenger side door makes bad noises that my audio friend says is just speaker noise, but im also planning on getting a kenwood amp and sub (i love kenwood cant believe i let the stupid sales men convince me to buy the sonys). oh and iill have more looks at the threads you suggested.

Offline imaspy

• Captain Chaos
  • vic local moderator
  • post whore
  • DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUHHHN!!!!
    • A collection of some of my photography
« Reply #129 on: Aug 19, 2006, 11:00PM »
sounds good kero, keep us posted. is your T auto or manual?
You have friend, I have friend. My friend go to your house, put bomb under your floor and blow you to fucking sky!

Offline kERo66

« Reply #130 on: Aug 19, 2006, 11:19PM »
manual all the way, really pushed it today, noticed a few things that ill enquire about in the appropriate thread, oh i bought it privately(used) i think im its third owner a granny had it then a small family that got bigger were before me, its got custom spotties on it, oh and i had a ding in it already, kinda embarrasing also i might tell eventually lol, but lets just say ill be looking for a new bumper(and the metal thing that its attached to[have no idea what its called]) becuase its looks bad, ah thats about all i can think of to say atm. (sorry if some of it is inappropraite)

Offline imaspy

• Captain Chaos
  • vic local moderator
  • post whore
  • DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUHHHN!!!!
    • A collection of some of my photography
« Reply #131 on: Aug 19, 2006, 11:38PM »
dont stress its all good. least it's a manual ;D welcome to the club!
You have friend, I have friend. My friend go to your house, put bomb under your floor and blow you to fucking sky!

Offline kERo66

« Reply #132 on: Aug 19, 2006, 11:50PM »
thanks im glad there is a club cuz i just decided that i want stick with nissan ftm cuz im very happy with my t, probly keep buy pints lol that or when i get more money do the whole engine conversion stuff

Offline 1600dave

« Reply #133 on: Aug 20, 2006, 06:53PM »
Hi all,

Just introducing myself, and apologising for not owning a U12 / U13  :-[

I do however own a Datsun 1600 and a Datsun 180B SSS. The reason I joined up is that I am attempting to use a KA24DE cylinder head on a Datsun 180B short motor in my 180B SSS project :o

It's possible to use the KA24E head fairly easily on the old Datsun motors by mixing and matching timing chain guides and timing covers from other model Nissan's ( specifically from a Z20 motor for those interested), and I know of a few projects "in the pipeline" using the twincam head. The main complicating factor in using the twincam head is sorting out how to mate the strange timing chain arrangement to the Datsun motor's crank sprocket  ???

Anyway, enough from me  ;D

Offline kERo66

« Reply #134 on: Aug 20, 2006, 06:57PM »
welcome, im new also, hope you enjoy your stay and that we might see you on a cruise

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #135 on: Aug 20, 2006, 10:17PM »
Hey 1600dave I have seen a Z24 with a KA24E head on it with a turbo put on aswell, but 1 of the oil flow holes had to be welded up. Have fun mate, this is a great site for car enthusiests.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline 1600dave

« Reply #136 on: Aug 24, 2006, 10:03AM »
Yep, welding up one oil return hole at the back of the head is apparently all that's needed.

The complicating factor when using the single cam head on the smaller capacity Z-series motors (and L-series like i'll be doing) is the combustion chamber size of the KA24E head. On an L20B motor (2 litre out of 200B and Bluebird's), you only end up with about 7:1 compression. Barely acceptable even when turbo'd, and no good at all for normally aspirated. And I'm putting it on an L18 (only 1.8 litre) so it would be even less.

The KA24DE has a smaller combustion chamber, so that should be a better candidate.

And on looking at the head I got on the weekend, it's a fantastic design - cam acting directly on the valve with no rockers or anything, HUGE valves, narrow valve angle so its nice and compact - it looks to my eyes to be a better basic design than the SR20 head.

One completed KA24E head swap onto an L20B bottom end I've seen documented ended up producing 186kw on the dyno.  Not a bad effort from a mix-n-match homemade motor based on a Datsun 200B bottom end.

Offline Xedus101

• antrx.com junkie
  • It's ATTESA time baby!!!
« Reply #137 on: Aug 24, 2006, 12:36PM »
good stuff 1600dave, always like to see someone doing something a little different. Welcome to the site!

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #138 on: Aug 29, 2006, 08:21AM »
hello from christchurch nz. i'm jason and i own a 1990 bluebird ltd with sr20det and will soon be 4wd manual.
car has 2.5inch exhaust, dual stage boost (7-16psi), 600/300/75 intercooler with custom alloy piping, type h turboxs blow off
valve, k&n poddy, fuel pressure reg, t28 turbo, rps muffler (5inch tip), custom catch can.

interior is stripped out and awaiting cage.

suspension has whiteline swaybars and looking at getting tein coilovers.

wheels are 5zigen fighters.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #139 on: Aug 29, 2006, 12:03PM »
Dozer, good to see you've dropped round mate.

Good luck with the manual conversion (pretty easy if you have all the bits you need!).  Is the cage custom, or a SSS-R cage?
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline kERo66

« Reply #140 on: Aug 29, 2006, 12:29PM »
welcome, thats quite a car, good luck with your cage post up some pics if you can.

Kero

Offline fiatman

« Reply #141 on: Aug 30, 2006, 12:13AM »
hi my name is sam i am from S.A. sorry i dont have a nissan but i do certainly like them. i drive a 1982 fiat 131 superbrava (which probly means nothing to you guys) its slightly werked twin carbies and so on. hope fully it will be getting a paint soon and a few other things. hope to see you guys around might have to come on a cruize some time. see all you S.A people at the dyno day so you can all show me up :P

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #142 on: Aug 30, 2006, 12:35AM »
Hey mate didnt fiats have something to do with lancia, I have a mate into old renaults, peugots, fiats.

Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

Offline kERo66

« Reply #143 on: Aug 30, 2006, 01:16AM »
welcome

Offline fiatman

« Reply #144 on: Aug 31, 2006, 05:13PM »
yes fiat and lancia are both Italian. Renaults and Peugeot's are French. but all are European. i think fiat, lancia and Ferrari were all sister company's but now fiat own Ferrari but I'm not sure about lancia now its all a little confussing but yes they were sister company's back in the day

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #145 on: Aug 31, 2006, 06:47PM »
Lancia's use to be weapon's in the wrc with the delta, supercharged and turbocharged like the original micra.

Good old Nissan.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #146 on: Aug 31, 2006, 06:56PM »
Back on topic please

(If you want to continue this discussion start a thread in the general discussion section)

Offline WezzaTRX

« Reply #147 on: Sep 22, 2006, 04:54PM »
hey everyone, My names Wezza and im from the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. Recently brought a 91' TRX and thats how i got here. Really enjoying the site and people with the same car interests. Hope to get to know everyone.WeZz

Offline trxboi1987

• Pimp Whoring in a TRX.....Baby!
« Reply #148 on: Oct 15, 2006, 12:15PM »
Hey Guys, well i am luke i live in Inala, i just recently removed up here from Coffs harbour NSW. I have a 91 Nissan Pintara TRX, which i rescued from being crushed at the wreckers in Redcliffe. So far i have only got to the stage of getting it registered, theres still plenty to do but it all takes time. Next year i will be continuing uni doin a business degree.

See ya :P

P.S. if anybody knows where i can get the stock covers for the TRX mags, would be appreciated.

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #149 on: Oct 15, 2006, 08:45PM »
heya bud, welcome to Antrx. How much did the Tr-x cost from the wrecker? got any plans for the future?
Noss you look like a cereal killer ;D

well not our fault that saantrx is gay as