Author Topic: clear tail lights  (Read 2686 times)

Offline pintara_boy

• antrx.com full member
  • (A) SLEEP
clear tail lights
« on: Sep 11, 2006, 11:57PM »
hey people has anyone from the site done the clear tail light conversion using aus spec and the jap speck clear lights because I'm really keen on the idea and want more guidance as 2 how 2 do the mod. iv seen the article b4 but i want more help, coz i attempted it on a screwed up light and oh it didn't look pretty lol  :)

pics and tips would be greatly appreciated please

cheers Ben

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
Re: clear tail lights
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2006, 11:59PM »
umm.. i thought about it. I even got my hands on a piece of acrylic plastic. I only wanted to make a prototype but never got that far.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline pintara_boy

• antrx.com full member
  • (A) SLEEP
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2006, 12:27AM »
ok cool u should do the mod it looks killa iv seen it on hiros car it looks really good kinda rice but nice i like 2 think, put it this way its very different.

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2006, 12:30AM »
Im pretty sure noss has them so he may be the bloke to ask...and i think they look insane!

Offline pintara_boy

• antrx.com full member
  • (A) SLEEP
« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2006, 12:37AM »
thanx man i recon ur right 2 ill pm hm now and ask him all the gos and info on the mod cheers man

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2006, 12:43AM »
Nope... noss had the genuine import articles.  I think the conversion is more trouble that its worth personally.

Offline pintara_boy

• antrx.com full member
  • (A) SLEEP
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2006, 12:46AM »
yea i guess but they look so good man and i wana do it so bad just 2 be different but thanx 4 ya opinion man, ill hopefully have it done in the next couple of weeks ill post up pics when im done ps if it gets done lol coz im slack  :)

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2006, 03:08AM »
Step 1: You need to put the tail lights inside the oven (at a mild Temp) to release the glue.
Step two: Pull the plastic outside lense off of both Aus-spec & Jap-spec (carefully by pushing them of from the inside,) take off the inside lenses from both the Aus-spec (wich is clear) and Jap-spec (wich is amber), some times you may need to let them sit for a bit longer after taking off the outside lense to let the heat in more.
Step 3: Swap the inside lenses around ( put the Aus-spec inside clear lense into the Jap Tail light.)
Step 4: Replace the outside lense and let to harden up for 20 mins.

There you have it.

You need the oven at the right temperature so you dont cook the plastic. They are very heet resistant though. I don't remember how much degrees the temperature needs to be, but since I have the clear center garnish, I am looking at doing the tail lights aswell soon. I have managed to score one broken Aus-spec light from a yard, but I need one more before I can complete the task.
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2006, 03:19AM by HIRO »
"Druggies and Speed Junkies both O.D, but the difference between the two is that a Druggie overdoses, while the Speed Junkie over drives"

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #8 on: Sep 12, 2006, 10:32AM »
Nope... noss had the genuine import articles.  I think the conversion is more trouble that its worth personally.

Noss actually did the full clear conversion. I have just the clear imports.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #9 on: Sep 12, 2006, 11:52AM »
Noss actually did the full clear conversion. I have just the clear imports.
:-[  hmm my bad.
Hiro comes through with the goods  :)

I remember seeing a walkthrough for the U13 also... It would be so similar doing it on the u12.
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2006, 11:54AM by Colby »

Offline Xedus101

• antrx.com junkie
  • It's ATTESA time baby!!!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 12, 2006, 05:03PM »
aussie-gli posted a howto for the U12 a few years ago, it should still be on here somewhere.