Author Topic: how can i get the best out of my ka24e?  (Read 2552 times)

Offline hot ka engine

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
how can i get the best out of my ka24e?
« on: Sep 16, 2009, 09:39PM »
Hi, I just overhauled my ka24e engine, they put wider hi compression pistons an polished the engine heads. The car certainly got more power, but I keept the same exaust and stock intake. I don't know if they fucked up on the timing belt or its just the fact that I need to replace something, but the car feels weird when I put first gear and try to take off fast. And some times when going on the freeway I try to test it at high speeds it feels like the car gains and looses speed, until it finally takes off like a moth.... Fu...er. It has enough power to smoke integras (91) cavaliers (00) and ever a 90 or 90 something xr7 cougar, but I need to know what's wrong with my car and what I should do. Please help me cause I know I can get something out of that engine. I don't want to spend money on a sr20. I would like to make myka24e a ka24e turbo.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Re: how can i get the best out of my ka24e?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2009, 10:29AM »
Sounds like you need an antrx chip... gets rid of that flat spot so the car takes off from the start.  Check out the garage11.com.au shop for details on the chips.  ;)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2009, 10:49AM »
Firstly, you need a decent set of headers and as a bare minimum, a fairly free flowing 2.5" header back exhaust with mandrel bends and a high flow cat. If the engine can't breathe, don't expect it to make any power/torque.

Secondly, did you remove the Swirl Control Valves in the lower half of the intake manifold?

Third, if not, did you correctly hook up all your vacuum lines and ensure that you don't have any vacuum leaks?

And Col is right, get an antrx chip for your ecu; the stock chip runs notoriously rich in the top end which will kill your top end power. Noss's chips fix this and improve driveability greatly.

Offline hot ka engine

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2009, 07:30PM »
Ok I'm fairly new to all this modification stuff, so I went into this page and they were asking me to choose a air flow meter, what do I put? Standard? And where do I take the car so that they can install the chip? I live in el paso texas and there is this place called speed factory, and I will probably take it there, but the ting is that they seem kind of expensive. One time I went to see how much they would charge me to install the headers and the cat back for my stanza and they estimated about $800. What's the average price for the chip installation?

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2009, 02:43PM »
texas holy shit lol.

Go to your local TV repair shop, they deal with circuit boards all the time.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Pringles

• antrx.com baked not fried
  • post whore
  • ;-) check me out !
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2009, 07:18PM »
texas holy shit lol.

Go to your local TV repair shop, they deal with circuit boards all the time.

however insure they know its a multi layer PCB, they are easy to do but alot of tv guys fuck them up as , well i'm not sure why
Check out the Brown Couch !
the ole Nissan caught a cold... puachtuuu..!
i lost a testicle while shaving my scrotum
Jono wasn't here!

Offline hot ka engine

« Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2009, 10:05PM »
Ok what about the air flow meter. I don't know what to put in that spot. I want to order the chip, but I don't want to get it wrong. Some help...... By the way, where can I find the lowering springs, camber kit, headers and cat back for my 91stanza? I can't find any of those things on the web. Please point me in the right direction.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2009, 10:15PM »
Air flow meter will be standard unless you have changed it from stock, but from what you have mentioned you havnt so standard will be fine.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2009, 10:50PM »
low and super low springs and camber kit will be available from in garage11.com.au
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline ajox

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2009, 04:10AM »
what kind of pistons did you get and what compression are you running? i live in south carolina and have been toying with the idea of messing with the internals.
"damn kids. give'em anything with a five speed and they think theyre fucking mario andretti."- SC State Trooper