Author Topic: U13 Attesa Auto Gearbox Selector Switch  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Counterpunch

• antrx.com senior member
U13 Attesa Auto Gearbox Selector Switch
« on: May 23, 2006, 01:18PM »
Some of the U13 Attesa auto owners may be familiar with the gearbox selector switch.  This is the switch which gives the driver options "Power", "Normal" and "Hold".  The effects of the switch determines how one wants the gearbox to operate.  Power makes the gearbox rev to red line before changing to the next gear.  Hold forces the gearbox to remain in the current gear no matter how hard you drive.  In normal mode, the gearbox adapts to the driver's style.

Anyhow.....after removing my engine and gearbox and refitting it, my baby lives again.  However, this selector switch does not seem to do its job.  It seems to drive in Hold mode when I put the foot on the accelerator no matter which mode I select.  One believes that being an electronic gearbox, it needs to relearn it all over again.  Another thought is maybe the switch is not transmitting the message to the gearbox.  Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts about this issue or causes.  Any input would be muchly appreciated.
RNU12 Bluebird SSS Attesa
HNU13 Bluebird SSS Attesa Ltd

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: U13 Attesa Auto Gearbox Selector Switch
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 07:13PM »
Have you checked all the connections on the switch, transmission computer and gearbox? Also is your speedo working? Check you've plugged everything in at the gearbox.

Does this mean you'll be bringing your U13 on the cruise on sunday? :P
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 01:33AM »
If I can debug all the issues with my U13 Attesa before Sunday, then yes I shall hopefully be having her with me.  However I want to make sure she runs well.  I don't want to be the one to spoil everyone's day because of mechanical issues.  As for all the plugs I have plugged everything back but I will check again this week.  I'm not sure about the speedo.  I know the rev meter works.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 10:49PM »
The reason I ask about the speedo is because electronically controlled transmissions go into limp-home mode if they don't get a speed signal.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 05:03PM »
Speedo works fine and all connections appear to be connected correctly.  I downloaded the ECU codes and there is still one fault.  It is the knock sensor circuit, but I'll talk about that in another thread.  As for the gearbox, it appears to be working better.  Not sure what has changed.... ???  I think the timing is retarded a bit hence why she currently doesn't have the quick get up and go.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 01:51PM »
Yep, if the ECU has detected a fault in the knock sensor or its wiring... the timing will be dropped back to a fail-safe setting (not sure what it is on the HNU13).

Definatly a drop in power as well.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 10:20PM »
So can one assume that if there is a fault in the knock sensor that you shouldn't be able to destroy your engine by ignoring the fault code?  Should one continue driving with this fault?

While on the topic of timing, what is the timing supposed to be on the Attesa SR20DET, 15 degrees?  If so, is that the 4th or 5th mark to the right?

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 11:23PM »
It has been mentioned on here before that you wont be able to damage your engine (theoretically) but I wouldn't rely on that to save your engine.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline jrgtv6

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 09:31AM »
Check the Throttle Position Sensor.  My U13 attesa auto trans was all over the place turned out to be TPS, the Auto has a different one to a manual.  You may have moved it during the refit.  It is a fairly simple thing to re-align I believe someone here will be able to help