Author Topic: u13 ka24 running rough as hell  (Read 1517 times)

Offline ozstreetcar_dave

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new kid on the block
u13 ka24 running rough as hell
« on: Nov 27, 2005, 12:00AM »
Hi,

I bought my wife a u13 bluebird with a ka24 and it runs as rough as hell under 2 grand (shakes the car), even in neutral, and I have had a look around and cant figure out what it is.  All the engine mounts look in good order, the exhaust looks fine (I can see the rubber mounts when looking from the front of the car), the dizzy problem has been fixed.  I have also replaced the plugs, checked the dizzy & rotor and checked the leads with the multi-meter all seemed fine.  The car is very doughy down low but runs fine over about 2 grand, it runs very smoothly on the highway.

Any ideas, I really don't want to sink any money into this car as we will only have it for a year or two before I buy a Pajero and some 22"s to tow my HG drag car. 

Any help would buy great,
thx.

Offline ozstreetcar_dave

• new kid on the block
Re: u13 ka24 running rough as hell
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2005, 12:01AM »
b.t.w. If anyone has a boot for a u13 for sale let me know, preferably without the spolier :)

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2005, 12:42AM »
Here are two threads with similar problems :

http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=9075.0

http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=7379.0

Have you taken the engine mounts out? sometimes they may look fine but be pretty shot without the cars weight.  One way that can help to test engine mount trouble is when the car is idling, push down on the car near where the engine mount is, if the noise goes then theres your problem.  But it is possibly not that easy.   
I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning.

Offline wicked

• antrx.com senior member
  • U13
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2005, 08:14AM »
I'm currently having problem with the car misfiring. Not  sure if it's the same problem. I've got a mechanic and an electrician to take a look at the car and both did not diagnose the problem. I brought it to Nissan as I thought that the fault lies with the electronics and they came back to me with a faulty cam angle sensor (inside dizzy). I've ordered the dizzy and waiting delivery. IMHO, if you don't know anyone who can diagnose the problem, probably it's better to go to Nissan. Hope this helps.  ;D

Offline ozstreetcar_dave

• new kid on the block
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2005, 03:08PM »
thx

Our car has had the dizzy fix (faulty seals lets oil onto the CPS), I think I have a few issues, one of which being a cracked balancer and nissan 'only' want $400 for a new one :(  I think the missfire that the car has is due to something else.