Author Topic: why has mishishtity colt came back where's the new pinny  (Read 7159 times)

Offline 90corsair

• antrx.com junior member
  • goes hard
    • corsair
why has the colt returned. who thinks a 2007 pinny or corsair should be built and what should it look like and what motor.

it not finished yet

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: why has mishishtity colt came back where's the new pinny
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2006, 08:15PM »
there is already a current model 'pintara' the bluebird is still being made in japan.. its the longest running name of any car from any company ever.

here is the current bluebird in japan.

http://paultan.org/archives/2005/12/22/2006-nissan-bluebird-sylphy/

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SYLPHY/G11/0512/CONCEPT/main1.html

and for another spin on it, the current altima in america (the altima is a bluebird too)

http://www.nissanusa.com/altima/

if you ask me, the nissan altima is hot.

the pintara name will never be bought back to australia as it sent nissan broke (supposedly)

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline 90corsair

• goes hard
    • corsair
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2006, 08:19PM »
what about a 2007 model
it not finished yet

Offline 90corsair

• goes hard
    • corsair
« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2006, 08:22PM »
looks like a pulsar is that why nissan renamed the pulsar to the tidia if not whats the go. do u think ford  would bring out a new version of the corsair
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2006, 08:25PM by 90corsair »
it not finished yet

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2006, 08:46PM »
I don't think the names Corsair or Pintara will ever be used again. The R31 Pintara was a bad move on Nissan's part, being an under powered unexciting tank of a car. In my opinion the U12 just didn't get a fair chance. When anyone heard 'Pintara' mentioned they immediately thought things like 'boring' and 'slow' and 'old granny styles'.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2006, 08:51PM »
the pintara name will never be bought back to australia as it sent nissan broke (supposedly)

Similar reason why Ford won't bring back the Corsair. It was meant to be a replacement for the Telstar, but since it was so unpopular, they sold both of them at the same time to keep up sales. Not enough people bought Corsairs, and so they were discontinued. The old model Corsair (from the '60s or something) was never regarded as a great car either, so in general Ford wouldn't be too fond of the Corsair name.
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2006, 09:07PM »
its a pity... 'cause a corsair should be a pirates' car... infact, I'm planning on raiding fuel tankers on the highway in mine.. heheh..

umm yeah, an australian released bluey would be nice... even though the jap one seems to be a womans car (they say it clearly on the web site... aimed at women... like... aimed at women to buy them... not aimed at some poor poppet on a runway)
the altima sounds sexy.... mmm would it have a vg35/vq35 or something in the v6 version? if that's a yes... an altima atessa gtr would be an angry vixen waiting to be tamed.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline imaspy

• Captain Chaos
  • vic local moderator
  • post whore
  • DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUHHHN!!!!
    • A collection of some of my photography
« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2006, 11:40PM »
fuck all of it. i want a fuga. super-extra-mega-hyper pimp. a 350 gt to be exact 8) to park next to my smokin hot stagea. the stable is complete ;D
You have friend, I have friend. My friend go to your house, put bomb under your floor and blow you to fucking sky!

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2006, 11:54PM »
which you could probably buy for $5 AUD over there :P

Offline imaspy

• Captain Chaos
  • vic local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #9 on: Jul 18, 2006, 11:58PM »
pretty fucken much :( aaargh not fair

noss i agree, the US altima looks niiiiice.
You have friend, I have friend. My friend go to your house, put bomb under your floor and blow you to fucking sky!

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #10 on: Jul 19, 2006, 01:53AM »
If the US altima is american made, the Aussie U12's are probably still better quality built.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline imaspy

• Captain Chaos
  • vic local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #11 on: Jul 19, 2006, 02:43AM »
ha! amen to that ;D

Offline DeathPlaza

• antrx.com senior member
  • Stupid American
    • Ralphsquad
« Reply #12 on: Jul 19, 2006, 11:29AM »
If the US Altima is American made, the Aussie U12's are probably still better quality built.

I'm not 100% on this but i know that most of the US Nissan's are assembled in Mexico.  so yeah thats worse,  the Altima SE-r is a nice ride, i haven't checked one out in person but i see them driving around.  I'm always like; "ooh, i hear a 350z," *turn my head* "oh shit its an Altima SE-r".  If i ever have kids the Altima SE-r is on my list.  personally though, i don't  like the new look, the SE-r trim looks ok... but, i think they went in the wrong direction with the styling as usual... i guess that's what you sacrifice for a car that performs well in crash tests.
I have a sunroof!

Offline bigpud2012

• "I drive a pissweak auto"
  • post whore
    • RSI - Adelade Sports Imagery - Clipsal 500 Classic Adelaide etc
« Reply #13 on: Jul 19, 2006, 04:49PM »
In my opinion the U12 just didn't get a fair chance. When anyone heard 'Pintara' mentioned they immediately thought things like 'boring' and 'slow' and 'old granny styles'.

They still do ;)

Offline I'm what Willis was talkin' 'bout

• Irish Correspondent
  • i will wear a bikini for food
  • post whore
« Reply #14 on: Jul 19, 2006, 11:17PM »

Supposedly?  The U12 spelt the end of Nissan manufacturing cars in Australia, it definitely sent them broke.  Badge engineering was not a good move with the U12....
TeamManSnag

Homer!  What have you done to the car?  I don't think it had broken axles before.

Before!  Before!  You're living in the past, Marge.  Quit living in the past.

What, I never said I didn't like it asshat! :P

At least I don't think I did... but if I did, then I'm the asshat.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #15 on: Jul 19, 2006, 11:21PM »
Supposedly?  The U12 spelt the end of Nissan manufacturing cars in Australia, it definitely sent them broke.  Badge engineering was not a good move with the U12....

ah i just mean as in everyone solely puts the blame on the pintara, but i would have to say it was bad management decisions rather than a car.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #16 on: Jul 19, 2006, 11:44PM »
heh, i didn't tell you guys about how the mechanic was so impressed with my car when he did the pink slip he went out and bought one for himself.
cheap as shit and built like... something.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
« Reply #17 on: Jul 20, 2006, 03:27PM »
All the stupid Jap companies (Nissan, Toyota, etc) have or had to do was simply import JDM versions (Or build them here equilivant to Jap cars) with CA18DE/SR20DE's and Turbo flavours with AWD and power everything, and then mop the competition up.

Instead we got flavoured down cars with povo features.. Well they're not all that bad but when you look at a base model which doesn't even have a clock or anything, well, yeah.

That said the U13 was better in this regard yet wasn't a huge success. Despite the revival of the Bluebird badge, perhaps it retained some of the infamous pintara reputation? Or noone liked it's curvy body. Alas. Still carried the KA, but atleast in DE form and with respectable power, and they had power windows and all that jazz even in the basic model.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2006, 03:30PM by Rake »

Offline imaspy

• Captain Chaos
  • vic local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #18 on: Jul 20, 2006, 03:48PM »
the reason why we get gay homsoexual [swearing filters own me] models here is that australia is too small a market, therefor the japanese companies can only expect to send a small percentage of their vehicles here. thus a small percentage must be made to australian specification, and because its a lower run the cost is higher per unit, and we dont get any good features without paying through the ass for them. snot fair :( theres so many SiKk'u'LeH!! models here that we SHOULD get in australia, but thats the bad luck of being on a continent with only 21 million people.

i also dont think it was solely the fault of the pinnie that nissan fell into financial crisis back in the day. at the time, the whole company was being poorly managed; not just the australian arm. it was almost like what is happening to mitsubishi now, except nissan dragged themselves out of it. they ceased domestic production with the pulsar in 91 i think - i remember when the pulsar plant was shut down, on centre road in springvale victoria - you other vic blokes might remember too. it was kinda sad. but in a more positive light, at least nissan is still around :P whereas, a lot of my friends here tip that mitsubishi wont be around long enough to honour the 5 year warranties they are offering on their cars :P in fact, without the EVO, they would be gone by now..... sad.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2006, 03:50PM by imaspy »

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #19 on: Jul 20, 2006, 04:13PM »
At least the stamping plant is still in operation on frankston-dandy rd. ;D

I still remember when the holden plant was operational on princess hwy in hallam!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #20 on: Aug 3, 2006, 06:07PM »
yeh personally i believe it was a bad decision. before i got my pintara, i was not interested in any jap cars really. Only a few 4 cylinders i even liked, including the REX's and tx3 lasers. But now i have my pinny, i swear to god that its one of the nicest 4 cylinders ive been in. i have fallen for them, and if i was nissan, i would thin seriously about making a new pintara. The pulsars just dont appeal to me much anymore, n14 MAX would i be interested in, anything else can pass... BRING BACK THE PINNYS!!!
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #21 on: Aug 4, 2006, 02:58PM »
yeh personally i believe it was a bad decision. before i got my pintara, i was not interested in any jap cars really. Only a few 4 cylinders i even liked, including the REX's and tx3 lasers. But now i have my pinny, i swear to god that its one of the nicest 4 cylinders ive been in. i have fallen for them, and if i was nissan, i would thin seriously about making a new pintara. The pulsars just dont appeal to me much anymore, n14 MAX would i be interested in, anything else can pass... BRING BACK THE PINNYS!!!

yeah i personally think the new pulsars suck a fat one in regards to their shape and pissi looking bodykits (stock ones) that totally dont match. EWWW talk about ugly, now not sure about you guys but nissan need to take a page out of the madza 6's, or at a crisis, madza 3's book of engineering! Their shape is extremely attractive, still could be improved a little, but takign the current pulsar and the madza and a cross section of the two would result in a sleek looking car. Then jsut through a nice engine in there and KaPow youll have a nice pintara that would blow the pants of the Australian Audience and sell equivelant to Imprezzas.

BIGPUD has a dream.... baaahahah

http://img64.exs.cx/img64/4435/mazda_6_5d_sportive_01_2001.jpg

+

= INSANE!!
« Last Edit: Aug 4, 2006, 03:07PM by bigpud2012 »

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #22 on: Aug 4, 2006, 04:28PM »
can I just jump in and say the Tiida is one of the ugliest cars I've seen... and don't get me started on the munro or whatever they call it...

right now unless its a sports model (350z etc), nissan suck balls at making a car look good.
bring in the sentra or something, it isn't AS bad.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #23 on: Aug 4, 2006, 05:19PM »
can I just jump in and say the Tiida is one of the ugliest cars I've seen... and don't get me started on the munro or whatever they call it...

right now unless its a sports model (350z etc), nissan suck balls at making a car look good.
bring in the sentra or something, it isn't AS bad.

Touché

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #24 on: Aug 4, 2006, 08:43PM »
three che hahaha. Tiida is stupido. how hard people try to sound smart :(
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
« Reply #25 on: Aug 4, 2006, 11:57PM »

That said the U13 was better in this regard yet wasn't a huge success. Despite the revival of the Bluebird badge, perhaps it retained some of the infamous pintara reputation? Or noone liked it's curvy body. Alas. Still carried the KA, but atleast in DE form and with respectable power, and they had power windows and all that jazz even in the basic model.

The U13 was doomed to fail (in our market) as it was too bloody expensive. The LX started at about $30 grand back in 1993. In 1993, a Commodore and Falcon were more around $25 grand (from memory) yet the base model U13 demanded much more. That along with the Pulsar being about $20 grand and the Maxima being about $37 grand, most people would spend a few grand more and get a Maxima for the size.

The Pintara name will probably never be back. The R31 gave it a bad rep, the U12 improved it but still the public saw it in bad light which is probably why there was no U13 Pintara. Heh, sounds weird.
And the Colt has been back for a couple years now by the way...

Offline Xedus101

• antrx.com junkie
  • It's ATTESA time baby!!!
« Reply #26 on: Aug 6, 2006, 02:18PM »
Same thing with the U12, too expensive. Everyone i talk to that can remember when they came out say just how expensive they were.

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #27 on: Aug 6, 2006, 02:24PM »
Same thing with the U12, too expensive. Everyone i talk to that can remember when they came out say just how expensive they were.

what did the T, Ti Trx generally go for brand new in its hay day?

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #28 on: Aug 15, 2006, 11:23PM »
can I just jump in and say the Tiida is one of the ugliest cars I've seen... and don't get me started on the Munro or whatever they call it...

I have driven a tiida, not the prettiest car but a bloody nice car to drive, it mightn't have a KA24E, which alot of people wouldn't touch it for that reason.
The MR18DE is a great motor, so unless you have driven one, give it a chance

Nissan, these days is going towards Renault styling, thats why they are changing,

The MR18DE and the HR20DE are both used by Nissan and Renault, it was a joint venture that made these, they are exceptional quality.

Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #29 on: Aug 16, 2006, 12:13AM »
May I jump in here and say that the current model Renaults are fuckin' ugly cars... however they are using a lot of new technology in them... some things I've noticed are metallic layers in the windscreen (for heating/demisting), card keys and CAN-bus. All of which make the car a bitch to install aftermarket electronic devices in :P
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #30 on: Aug 16, 2006, 12:23AM »
renault and nissan cars are still all very good cars... BUT THEY'RE FREAKING UGLY!
except for the the few exceptions which are all too expensive for the average buyer.
I was surprised at how the Munaro was reviewed on Top Gear the other night... in the UK it is Toted as a high-end luxury SUV and only a couple thousand will be sent there... but they also pointed out it was an exceptional car... except it was UGLY!
maybe I'm just a traditionalist.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
« Reply #31 on: Aug 26, 2006, 07:49PM »
I don't think the Murano looks that bad.

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #32 on: Aug 27, 2006, 02:24AM »
I don't think the Murano looks that bad.

well I guess there has to be some people out there or they wouldn't have sold anything...

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #33 on: Aug 27, 2006, 03:39PM »
I think the likely reason alot of people on here are bagging the Murano is because it doesnt use the KA24E or KA24DE, thats why no one has bagged out my navara as they come with the KA24DE,mine uses a the ZD30DET which I must say the new high tech diesel's are great motors.

Good old Nissan.

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #34 on: Aug 27, 2006, 05:25PM »
I think you think people here think the ka24 is the god of all engines but i think you are mistake. While i (along with alot of other people) think it is a great engine, it has its downfails and is no way the "best" engine. Id rather have a 3L TT in the pintara than the ka24 but im affaid that i did infact buy a brand new car so i didnt have the choice of which motor i wanted in it but i think most pintara owners love there engine as much as the silvia, skyline and supra guys love there engine. Thats why (i think) antrx is dedicated (BUT not only subject) to pintaras (and corsairs).

So stop saying all we ever talk about is how good the ka24 is.

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
« Reply #35 on: Aug 27, 2006, 05:55PM »
I don't say how good the KA24 is, mine caught fire once.         :-X
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #36 on: Aug 27, 2006, 05:58PM »
Ashman, you might'nt but a few people do think that way.

Good old Nissan.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #37 on: Aug 27, 2006, 06:05PM »
In the years i've been on antrx i've never read a post that suggests what you are saying is true.

You may be confusing things like 'a KA24E has greater potential than a SR20DE/t or CA18DE/t', but that doesn't mean people think the KA is better than a BRAND NEW Murano engine.

Maybe it's about time joo f1773D a RB26DETT in ja P1N74R4!!!11!!

Thread Locked.

If anyone has anything constructive to add PM it to me and I'll post it.