Author Topic: Update  (Read 2148 times)

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
Update
« on: Jun 19, 2012, 08:32PM »
wasup..

Its been ages since ive posted haha, but im still keen on building my car up but things have been progressing slowly because of job loss and.. well thats about it. (Got sacked from KFC for mungin' on a cheesecake hahaha). Now i have a new, better paying  ;D job, but its seasonal and have a 6 week break starting today. Buuuut i didnt really plan too much out so im going to have to save the majority of the money i have left for now (Budget ftw :L)

Plans over the winter break however, some maintance and just touch ups really..
>  Paint Bumper’s.
I own the Gli so it has the factory ugly coloured ones  :P Have plastic primer, bodycoloured paint ect, so should be swell.
>  Paint Callipers Black.
They're a bit of a ricey' red at the moment, blacks going to be the go though, its still nice and going to continue the black & white theme everywhere.
>  Finish Driver’s side doors.
At the moment im half way through re-uphostering the doors, and putting upgraded speakers in (6" Fusion CP-CM60, 280 Watt, woofer & tweeter)
Photo of the one ive finished:
 :)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/41498119814270364234721.jpg/
Its a thick'ish fabric/vynil so the texture of the masonite doesnt show or feel through. Now with the speaker set up, it has a case that sends wire's to the woofer & and wires that go to the tweeter. The woofer can go straight into the car no drama's but when i try to hook the case splitting into the tweeter as well, the tweeter doesnt work. Only the woofer. Is this just a result of stock head unit? (Itl be getting ungraded soon along with the rest of the speakers, which ive already bought  :) )
>  Replace Bulbs:
   Parcel shelf brake
   Interior
   Boot light

>  Fix Boot Leak.
Got Aaron's import tail lights after reversing into a skip bin and busting mine :-X  -Was watching where the stupid kids were running out the other mirror, not looking at the left side. Would have rather hit a kid.. But theres a small leak ever since i put them in. Don't know if it coming through somewhere in the boot or the top of the light. Either way, il find in and seal it.
>  Paint black strip around car.
The strip (Hopefully you know what im talking about lol) goes around the whole thing, going to be black, to continue the B&W theme   ;) Touching up the paint on the piller's ect at the same time
>  Bog boot-lid dent.
Boot lid dent's been there since ive got it.. Dont know what happened, but car bog and paint should do the trick hopefully? May fix a few gashes in the buddyclubs while im at that as well, also painting them white again.

>  Look into fog lights.
Suburu inspired fog lights, yay nay? opinions? Planning to put them where the original fog light holes are with some filler to make it sit 'more flush' with the bar. (Round light, square hole..)

>  Install central locking.
Dad bought it for a corolla he's just bought.. doesnt fit the rear doors some how? I ended up with them, not complianing haha  ;D Looks pretty easy, printed out sme instructions. Simple as wiring the units together/to the controller and giving the contorller power. Any input by somebody thats done this before? Things to look out for?
>  Maybe install an obnoxiously large tacho.. (Second hand had it for like three years now hahaha)
Has 2 cords coming out of it, one only carrying a white and red[1] wire; the other having red[2], black, green & purple.. Havnt researched much about it yet, but im guessing red[2] positive, black negative, maybe green ignition and purple gound?  ??? No idea about the red & white though.. assuiming they would connect to the coil to display revs?

Anyway, if you read that thinking its 3 minutes of your life you'l never get back; sorry :L But please any comments blah blah, help out opions are open  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 1, 2012, 10:50AM by MattJohn »

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2012, 03:09PM »
>  Install central locking.
Dad bought it for a corolla he's just bought.. doesnt fit the rear doors some how? I ended up with them, not complianing haha  ;D Looks pretty easy, printed out sme instructions. Simple as wiring the units together/to the controller and giving the contorller power. Any input by somebody thats done this before? Things to look out for?

The central locking install is pretty straight forward for the front two doors but you need a brake line bender tool for the rear doors. Have a look at the central locking thread I created. I got some good help from the guys as well.

It is not hard to do but I found very time consuming. Just make sure you check that they work with the door trim off and also with the door trim on. You'll get it eventually and hopefully quicker then me

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2012, 10:57AM »
Thanks for that man, all the motors and what not are in now :) Boot leaks fixed and Finsined all doors too, and just waiting for my spray gun to come in the mail.. The I can do the bumpers :D

Offline deviate

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2012, 07:13PM »
The door looks good mate

Offline MattJohn

« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2012, 07:03PM »
The door looks good mate

Thanks man.

Edited Original post.