Author Topic: going racing  (Read 3019 times)

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
going racing
« on: Apr 8, 2007, 04:15PM »
Hey guy and girls,

Decide that I am going to take up club level motorsport to occupy my time. I will be using my corsair 2.4ltr auto if I can.

Will start out doing gymkhanas and motorkhans and hillclimbs, that sort of thing. If I like it I will progress to something more serious in a rwd/awd car.

Most likely I will join the nepean valley motorsport club.

Any suggestions on other clubs or mods to my car. Given that I have a new engine albeit stock. Suspension is also new but  am willing to change for a more suitable setup.

I will add an antrx sticker or two for that psychological edge and extra bit of power. Possibly even a big antrx sticker across the corner ot the bonnet If it is possible.
« Last Edit: Apr 8, 2007, 09:26PM by Langers_87 »

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Re: going racing
« Reply #1 on: Apr 8, 2007, 09:02PM »
come tomorrow

wakefield park  ;D
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Apr 8, 2007, 09:06PM »
Decide that I am going to take up club level motorsport to occupy my time. I will be using my corsair 2.4ltr auto if I can.

Will start out doing gymkhanas and motorkhans and hillclimbs, that sort of thing. If I like it I will progress to something more serious in a rwd/awd car.

Get a good auto tranny cooler and a power steering cooler first! last thing you want to do is start boiling the fluid of either!
Get a good set of brake pads too.

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 8, 2007, 09:20PM »
Get a good auto tranny cooler and a power steering cooler first! last thing you want to do is start boiling the fluid of either!

Will be doing that. Going to get slotted rotors all round and bendix greenstuff pad. Should do fine.

Chris, had I known yesterday I might've. Not enough notice. Probably next time.

Offline Marty

• west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • *no car :(*
« Reply #4 on: Apr 9, 2007, 12:27AM »
Get a good auto tranny cooler and a power steering cooler
Cheers, hadn't even thought of getting a power steering cooler.
Wanneroo (Barbagallos) short track time 63 seconds (58 - Evo) long track 79 (69 - Evo)
Mods - Bosch 910 fuel pump, Nismo 555cc injectors, Z32 AFM, USB Bikirom, Full Whiteline Handling Kit, DBA Rotors, Tomei Poncams + GT2871. (174ahkw)