Author Topic: Brakes  (Read 1465 times)

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
Brakes
« on: Feb 6, 2003, 11:58AM »
Aint it funny how you go into a brake centre to get your calipers freed and expect to pay $100 and get a quote that reads $360!!!

That's what happened to me today!!!! I can't afford it and it's too much work to overhaul the calipers myself and all that needs to be done is an overhaul on front calipers and disc machining!!!

GRRRRR.............
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
Re:Brakes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 6, 2003, 12:13PM »
I got quoted some crazy amount of money to get one of my calipers rebuilt.  I pissed that idea off and ended up getting a good caliper at pick a part for $25!

Take your disks off yourself and take them to get machined... That'll save u some more cash!

Aint it funny how you go into a brake centre to get your calipers freed and expect to pay $100 and get a quote that reads $360!!!

That's what happened to me today!!!! I can't afford it and it's too much work to overhaul the calipers myself and all that needs to be done is an overhaul on front calipers and disc machining!!!

GRRRRR.............
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.