Author Topic: pintara help  (Read 2169 times)

Offline MR.E.Stranger

• antrx.com junior member
pintara help
« on: Jul 6, 2011, 11:42PM »
hey guys i got myself a 1989 u12 pintara ti and am in the proces of moding it, my goals are to paint it bayside blue with a airbrushed japanese dragon on it (tastefully designed, after all i am a graphics designer) custom fiberglass bonnet, boot, 1/4 pannels, doors, skirts the whole shebang wide body kit, any ways when i got it it was in a bad way, and still is! although the ka24 is mint, i am not sure about the electrics as when i got it it hadn't been driven for 2 years and where the battery was supposed to be there was a rats nest so now i am going through the eledctrics to see what the bastards got into, and i've hit a problem, the ignition wont bloody turn on, 'cause that stupid littlt button beside the key hole on the steering coloumn is stuck in, so i am trying to get into the steering coloumn and i dont know how to do it! i've undone all the bolts/screws, pulled the center of the steering wheel off, undone the central bolt 4 the steering wheel, and it wont f@#king come off, any help on either removing the steering wheel, or the steering coloumn would be much apreaciated. ;D
It goes like stink!! But slowing down, stopping and turning are a different problem altogether!

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• antrx.com senior member
  • L26 Boost Junkie
Re: pintara help
« Reply #1 on: Jul 7, 2011, 12:52AM »
Welcome.

I know it sounds like a silly question, but are you sure you got all the screws? From the FSM there should be 6. There's one I missed when I first took the steering column cover off, it's under the column adjuster lever.

Mine clips back together pretty tight so you just have to be careful and gently lever it apart.
Datsun boys, we like 'em fast, so we drop 'em low, heavy on the gas!

Offline MR.E.Stranger

• antrx.com junior member
Re: pintara help
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2011, 03:15PM »
yeah thanks for that i missed one  :-[ its all good now, but i have a new problem! does any one in the wide bay area have 2 left doord, the left front 1/4, rear 1/4 sheet (both sides), boot, bonnet and locks!

p.s. a aftermarket front bar wouldnt be bad
It goes like stink!! But slowing down, stopping and turning are a different problem altogether!