Author Topic: My dash  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
My dash
« on: Oct 28, 2007, 02:28PM »
People been asking how i did my dash so im posting it here so u can all see and save me time explaining it to ppl individually

When i did my dash and it looked like this:

All i did was put silicon sleeves over the normal globes in the back of the dash and nothing more
The silicon sleeve covers look like this and come in a range of colors. Blue, red, orange and green.

I bought mine from Autobarn, i found them with all the other Narva stuff. Buy memory the sleeve covers didnt cost very much at all..they were about less than $5 per pack of 5.
With the picture of the dash above i used blue sleeves for 4 out of the five globes and a red sleeve for the globe that lit up the oil pressure and temperature.

When my dash looked like this:

I did what they did in this DIY wiki post http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php/topic,12057.html and sanded off the bluish colored paint on the back of the dash cards..if u dont understand check out the link.. The globes are still the original ones wid red sleeves over all of them, because the blue sleeves arent all that great and in the case of the dash there was small blue patches with the rest mainly white so i used the red ones worked and looked much better.

My final dash looks like this:

all i did this time is replace the original globes with these L.E.D wedge globes i bought in Autopro at the  village. They came in pairs of two for $20 something dollars and needing 5 gets a bit expensive :(
The LED wedges have 2 leds in them and look like this...

This is another Narva product so u might be able to find them in the Narva section. But ive had difficulty finding them out of all the places i visted in Adealaide the village autopro is the only place thats had them. Ive tried repco, sprint auto and to no avail. The needles i removed the orange paint on them and are yet to repaint them another colour....i plan to paint them in a flurecent colour and put UV lights where the screws go for the dash to make the needles show better but im happy wid it atm.
Another alternative to the expensive LED wedges i bought would be some 4 L.E.D wedges that u can buy at autopro at the village. Can t remember the brand but they come in pairs of 2 again but only cost $9.90 and have 2 extra LED and a cover to go on top to spread the light better....Im waiting for some to put as my parkers...all they have atm is red ones. The expensive ones also come in other colors red, green, orange and blue.

I think ive covered everything
hope this helps

« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2007, 02:31PM by Vithy »
"Noss is God"