Author Topic: Front Attesa brake pads  (Read 4489 times)

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Front Attesa brake pads
« on: Jul 11, 2010, 10:02AM »
I searched, because I know the information is here somewhere, but I cannot find it. Does anyone know the part number for the front brake pads for the U13 Attesa. I remember something about buying pads for a different car and grinding a little bit off, but cant remember the details. Im looking at getting some Bendix high performance or EBC pads this week for a track day on the weekend, any information will be helpful, thanks.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
Re: Front Attesa brake pads
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2010, 11:00AM »
I used maxima front pads which require a little grinding, i used hi performance pad from Hoppers Stoppers in Hoppers Crossing just out of melbourne they were only 80 bucks for a front pair, and held up to the tortures of philip island pretty well, after 8 laps they started to go off a little but not so bad. and yes the name escapes me but if you ring hoppers stoppers they will give you the right one he said that some of his commodore cup people use them

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2010, 11:10AM »
What model Maxima, A32?
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2010, 11:20AM »
i think j30 a31 i think

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2010, 09:46PM »
After a quick look the part no. ppl are saying for bendix pads for the u13 attesa are DB1308, i cant find my reciept for the set i bought to confirm but that sounds correct to me. But i wouldnt believe they are wat ur looking for exactly as they are only Heavy duty pads and not the street track or ultimates, ur probs after something a bit more bitey i guess, think i pays $200 something a pair for just fronts cant remember.

Not that its any good to you for this wkend but the guys are cartoys can get ya a set of some good endles pads (cant remember wat specific model pads he said they were) which are probs wat u would of been after for track use, but they were $700 a set of four and they have to come from jap aswell. Just some info for future reference.
"Noss is God"

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2010, 02:05PM »
Hey thanks Viv, Yeah I found the box of DB1308's I bought for the old bluey, so I can confirm now that they are correct. They are for an A32 Maxima. Best pads I can find are from QFM, rated at 500 degrees, other than that it's bendix heavy duty or EBC blackstuff, both rated at 450 degrees. Think I'll be picking a set up today.

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2010, 03:15PM »
qfm thats them a division of trw

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2010, 07:07PM »
Whats TRW?

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2010, 08:18PM »
its a very large american company that make lots of aftermarket stock parts, and some OEM parts as well

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2010, 09:40PM »
Ah righto, well I'll let you know how they go, have ordered a set of QFM HPX pads, Part No. NG1308 I think. The 1308 matches the Bendix part No.

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #10 on: Jul 14, 2010, 07:46PM »
Interested too noe how they gooo!
Your running round mallala? or where and wat event is the 13 entered in?

also how much were the pads? where u go to get them from?
"Noss is God"

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #11 on: Jul 15, 2010, 12:15AM »
Yeah just a Mallala practice day, Pads were 69.99 from Autobarn, cheap as, so a little concerned that they wont be that good, so I'll let you know how they go tomorrow.

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #12 on: Sep 8, 2010, 01:34AM »
Cleaning my room found the receipt for the bendix hd pads i bought for the bluebird (plus a bottle of black lable, score!)
As already confirmed already,
Front is  DB1308 and cost  $90 for a pair
Rear is DB1247 and again i got them for $90 a pair
"Noss is God"

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2010, 07:16PM »
Has anyone got any photos of how much u gotta grind off of maxima pads to get them to fit attesa calipers? Would just like to have a visual idea of how much is needed.
"Noss is God"

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 14, 2010, 06:53PM »
It's not much mate... they look like they are going to fit straight of the box, only a few mm in it.