Author Topic: Front bodywork removal  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
Front bodywork removal
« on: Nov 3, 2003, 10:34PM »
Well, this afternoon I thought I'd get to something that I felt needed some attention.  I removed the front grille, light assemblies, and both front fenders, essentially stripping the front of all the bodywork.  I did this to clean it out, but also to check it out.  First of all, it takes a while.  As always seems to be the case  :).  But it definetly is worth doing if you're worried about buildups of dirt and grime around the mudguard area.  Man, did I ever get some shit outta there!  14 years of dirt is quite a lot.  Second - be prepared to replace some screws.  I found plenty that were missing or weren't doing their jobs.  Third - allow some extra time.  Did I mention it takes a while?  Oh. And the side indicator connectors - there's a knack to getting them apart, believe me.  And have some rust-stopper handy.  No point cleaning everything out and not attending to the rust while you're there!

Basically, for anyone here who can handle some light handiwork, but don't want to screw anything in the engine up just yet, this is not a bad thing to do.  I have pictures, but I don't think it's worth me taking up valuable server space :).  I'll post if people wish to see, however.

So..... yeah. :cwm12:
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah