Author Topic: why hasen't anyone bought this yet  (Read 2310 times)

Offline hnu13man

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
why hasen't anyone bought this yet
« on: Nov 23, 2014, 04:43PM »
search nissan bluebird on carsales, the one for $8000 attesa manual (don't know why I can't post the link)

been there for months....

the best one I've seen in a long time, the price seems fare with the amount of things done to it.
just making sure people are aware of it.

(I already have one but not with this much spent on it)

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Re: why hasen't anyone bought this yet
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2014, 06:17PM »
search nissan bluebird on carsales, the one for $8000 attesa manual (don't know why I can't post the link)

been there for months....

the best one I've seen in a long time, the price seems fare with the amount of things done to it.
just making sure people are aware of it.

(I already have one but not with this much spent on it)

Because there are so many performance cars to pick from. 200sx's, 180sx's, wrx's, v8 muscle. Probably not a lot of people search for this car these days as it is 20 years old.

Offline deviate

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #2 on: Dec 8, 2014, 08:08AM »
The old man contacted him a year ago and was suspicious of the car something didn't seem right. Plus he won't negotiate price

Offline squizz taylor

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2014, 03:19PM »
I have copied the text from the aad.

The points of the conversation I had with him that really stuck in my mind.

1. He states he was the first and only owner in Australia, quite possible
2. He states it had 85k on the clock when it was purchased, quite possible, but that would have been high mileage for a jap car 13 years ago, and he has been trying to sell it for 2 years now, so 15 years ago when he purchased it, hmmmmm
3. He states the engine was rebuilt at 52k, so was it rebuilt here in aus or in Japan. When I asked him he stated here in australia,  but it had 85k on the clock when it came to aus. When asked about the engine work, he just rattled off some brand names that his engine shop said were good to use. He had no real idea of the specs.
4. Only used on special days, so you would think not many days a year then. Looking at the photos, it looks as though it is a car that has done a few more "special days" than he may suggest. Yes it is an older car, but when quizzed he stated it was always garaged, washed and polished and very well looked after.
5. He states it now has 88000km on it now. So in 15 years he has only done 3000 km, HMMMMMM, I think someone may be missing a 1 off the odometer.

This was the point where I actually started to really pressure hime and go back on some of the questions I had asked him. Low and behold the story started to change. A good sign to walk away from it.

He was originally trying to sell it for over 11000, and said he would never drop the price. It may be what he says it is, but it is in Sydney and I am in brisbane,  way too much of a risk for me to take.

Maybe some one in Sydney could have a look, but my feelings are it is no where near what he is trying to say it is.

"Only used on special days. This car was a project car for the last 13 years. I am the only owner in Australia.Car had only 85 K on the clock when imported from Japan. Engine was pulled out for a complete rebuild (with over sized forged piston, rods and head work) at 52K on odometer. Suspension upgraded using white line items and adjustable coil overs. Brakes are also upgraded (8 pots front and pads rear). A garret 95R with external waste gate makes the engine comes to life at 4000 RPM. Car can rev to 8300 rpm thanks to head work (all parts from Greddy, copper head gasket, Timing gear, and valve springs). Injectors are from SARD. An EMS 4880 ECU was installed to control controls engine. Tuning is easily accessed via any lap top with EMS software. A big fuel pump in tank produces high pressures controlled by a HKS rising fuel pressure regulator. Linking the engine and transmission is a double plate STR OSgiken clutch able to hold over 550 KW of power. A racing seat was installed but remove due to access difficulty. Replaced seats to light weight leather seats. Very clean car. Getting old but still looks good. 4 new Bridgestone Potenza RE002 adrenalins. All lights are HID including driving lights.Painful to see car go but I'm getting old and I've lost the passion of making a great car and driving fast. Car never stolen or had any accident. Car is registered until September of 2015. Genuine buyers only please. "