Author Topic: Corsair Ghia wiring for driving lights  (Read 1141 times)

Offline kennykoala

• antrx.com junior member
Corsair Ghia wiring for driving lights
« on: Oct 8, 2009, 09:26PM »
Hi all,

recently I had the need to replace the instrument cluster on my ride.  In pulling the dash apart to get to the cluster I was pleasantly surprised to see that the wiring loom was already set up and waiting for a driving light switch/button.   I promptly bought one from the local wrecker.  Now I still need to modify the bumper to take the lights, and also get the lights and brackets etc.

However I am simply assuming that the wiring at the lights end is already in place...  Would this be too much to hope for?    Does anybody know if the loom is already setup to take driving lights in the Ford Corsair Ghia?   The did not come out with lights fitted like some of the pintaras.  The bumper is closed.   

Is it just a case of plugging some bits in and 'away we go', or am I going to have to do the wiring 'n splicing at the light end...?

I have had a look at the Corsair FSM but it does not really help me....I may not be reading it correctly either.

Thanks in Advance.

Offline sxtacy

• antrx.com senior member
Re: Corsair Ghia wiring for driving lights
« Reply #1 on: Oct 9, 2009, 12:32AM »
The wiring may be the same as a Ti which means the wiring would be in the loom already. Sounds like it does, if it has the plug for the switch.

Does it have a relay for the foglights in the relay box near the battery? if it does, just follow the wires. Otherwise you will have to do what I did and put in a new relay and run some extra wires.

I don't think the FSM has anything about fog lights in it.

nothing.