Author Topic: Rim offset  (Read 1900 times)

Offline U12notU2

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Rim offset
« on: Dec 10, 2008, 06:13PM »
Hey I'm looking into buying some rims but no site seems to have u12 Pintara, only r31.  I'm assuming they're offsets are different, if they're aren't sweet, if they are different could someone tell me what it is? I'm hoping it's the same for all u12s but just in case, mines a '91 Pintara T.  Thanks in advance.

p.s. Anyone know any good wheel sites? I've only ever used Tempe Tyres.

Offline cruizer

• post whore
Re: Rim offset
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2008, 06:54PM »
What state are you in? Tempe tyres have a crap range of 7" diameter rims with +38-40 offset last time I looked.

Depends on your budget...want some kind of cheap upgrade or some really good rims?

My mate has a R31 with S13 SR stock rims on, they also fit my u12. So I could say they would be close.

Offline U12notU2

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2008, 07:55PM »
I'm in NSW.  Yeah I'm just going for some 16" rims, nothing too over the top or illegal.  I probably need new shocks and springs too to get a better idea of how wide and how much of a range in offsets I can go coz I think the ones on it now are past their used by date.  I'll just take it in to one of the local tyre mobs and get them to have a look at it.  While I'm on the tyre subject if I go for a larger tyre, how much would getting the wheel arch flared out the fit the tyre cost?
Cheers.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2009, 09:15PM »
Digging a little, but...
Test fit my fat rims on today, 17x8" +32 turns out they are quite close on the inside to the strut.
Is there a minimum clearance... I got about 5mm at a guess.  So with cornering etc will that scrape?
Seems like there is pleanty of room everywhere else :)

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2009, 12:21PM »
i've seen brakes run closer than that to the rim, you should be fine, or get some coilovers aswell. ;D

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2009, 08:30PM »
rim specs are 4x114 and a +45 offset, ROH adrenalin fit nice in 16", try CSA and whelboyz in QLD, they based in Yatala, got some real nice rims at the pricey end of the market though. For cheap wheels go tempe tyres, I'm looking for a set of 18" on there for a mate, very cheap, got some good packages going.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2009, 10:25AM »
rim specs are 4x114 and a +45 offset, ROH adrenalin fit nice in 16", try CSA and whelboyz in QLD, they based in Yatala, got some real nice rims at the pricey end of the market though. For cheap wheels go tempe tyres, I'm looking for a set of 18" on there for a mate, very cheap, got some good packages going.

What?

I know people have rims that only just clear the brakes, but they would move in the same motion as the wheels (all connected to hub) the strut i'm thinking might change angle with camber through cornering, hence the wheels may then scrape.  Maybe its only minimal and i'm being a bit paranoid... just have to test it, if it touches i'll get some 5mm spacers (as much as i hate spacers).