Author Topic: SSS Attesa clutch issues  (Read 1673 times)

Offline nitrouz

• antrx.com junior member
SSS Attesa clutch issues
« on: Jan 27, 2007, 12:19PM »
Hey all, i just registered. Finally found a home for the bluebirds.. Ive got a 1991 u13 SSS Attesa, live in Townsville QLD Australia.
Last night i jumped in car to go for a cruize and notice the clutch wasnt holding pressure.. When holding it in it would slowly start to engage.. It doesnt appear to have an external leak anywhere, and when you re-apply pressure it will work again, its only when you hold the pressure that it starts to loose it..
Would this be the same fix suggested here: http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=8707.msg165275#msg165275
Any insight is welcomed and appreciated. :)

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: SSS Attesa clutch issues
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2007, 06:04PM »
That could be your problem. It could also be the seal in the master cylinder.

Pull back the boot on the slave cylinder and see if there's fluid inside, if there is fluid in the boot it'll be that seal mentioned in the other thread.

If there's no fluid in the slave cylinder boot it'll be a problem in your master cylinder.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline fraz

• bandit!
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: SSS Attesa clutch issues
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2007, 09:24AM »
what he said :)

I had the same problem once. After changing the gearbox i must have got a tiny amount of grit onto the copper washer that seals the clutch line onto the slave cylinder. It was leaking but really slowly and the clutch started to engage after about 30 seconds at the lights
you can get out of a ukrainian prison for 2 packs of marlbro and a bottle of vodka....