Author Topic: romove rear speakers u13 SSS 6x9  (Read 1548 times)

Offline u13_DrivingSchool

• antrx.com junior member
  • Learn 2 Drive in Style !
romove rear speakers u13 SSS 6x9
« on: Apr 28, 2006, 09:38PM »
 :-[Please i am ready to rip out speakers (factory 6x9) from rear parcel shelf and would like to know what is required .... my Gregory's guide is on the way ..... do they just un screw ? :-\
Learn 2 Drive in Style !

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
Re: romove rear speakers u13 SSS 6x9
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2006, 05:44PM »
Hmm they're easy to do, well kinda...

1st you have to remove the rear seats, yes thats right the whole shibang!! Got 2 nuts in front of the bottom seat, then once thats removed you have 2 screws hiding behind the fold down arm rest, (lift the little plastic things with the vynal attached), and you'll have 2 screws on either side of the seats at the bottom. Once you've done that just life the rear seat up.

2nd you will have to plastic screws right behind the 6x9's on the parcel tray, just use your fingers and they come undone. Now there is (i thing) 4 plastic clips that hold the tray down, just lift is up slightly and if you want can slide your hands in there and pop them up. If you really like getting into small spaces climb into the boot and you might see them, think they are orange in colour. You might also want to remove the stock amp, as they are not really usefull.

Now the 6x9's come undone with a alan key, not sure on what size. You will larf when you see the state of the speakers, mine had just the cone and nothing else, the whole surround but had fallen apart over the years...LOL

Good Luck!!

Offline u13_DrivingSchool

• antrx.com junior member
  • Learn 2 Drive in Style !
Re: romove rear speakers u13 SSS 6x9
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2006, 10:02PM »
Thanks bluey ... and i found wiring warness so i could fix amp ...

yeah speakers were gone .....

threw a nice set of kenwood in there ... perfect fit even  factory covers went back on

sounds a treat even off the factory amps for the moment
Learn 2 Drive in Style !