Author Topic: Custom roof liner??  (Read 1753 times)

Offline bigbazza6969

• antrx.com junior member
Custom roof liner??
« on: Aug 30, 2007, 10:20PM »
Does anyone know what sort of material is used for the head liner?and would you be able to use something like suede cause i was thinking of getting my nan to sew up a black and red checker pattern and replace the corsair brown..has anyone done anything like this??what do u think it will turn out like?
thanks guys
Justin 8)
also does anyone know how they do the flames in the roof lining and stuff like that??i roughly know that u cut the shape in foam but if anyone knows a site with a how to guide on it that would be awesome.thanks
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2007, 11:01PM by bigbazza6969 »
1990 Ford Corsair GL UA Manual. 2..6'' pioneers in the front,2..6'' Pioneers in the rear.Pioneer Head Deck with ipod connection..12'' Kenwood Sub in the boot in kustom made ported box.Extractors Fitted,Tacho and shifting light mounted,Boss kit and F1 racing wheel fitted,1200W 2-CH amp running kenwood sub,4-Ch 700W Running 4 speakers..Things to come- Vinyl respray(Red & Black..very soon:D),mid range speakers,custom roof lining..Very soon too :D,Mags(One Day lol),Clear head and tinted tail lights,TRX wing and body kit.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: Custom roof liner??
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2007, 02:05PM »
The material used for the head liner is a foam-backed light vynil on a moulded corrugated cardboard backing. I've glued new vynil to the backing in my car.

I reckon black and red would look weird.

The flames are done by cutting out the shape in foam, gluing it to the backing with contact adhesive, then gluing your choice of material over that.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline LC_TRX

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2007, 05:53PM »
i plan on doing this at some stage shortly, not sure of the specific detail. but if i get the chance i'll post some pics etc.

dont be scared to try something new either, if your ideas are sensible and well put forward it shouldnt matter how profesional it looks at least you can say you were innovative.  :)

good luck with it all

Offline bigbazza6969

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2007, 07:44PM »
Ohk thanks man and yeah pics would be good
1990 Ford Corsair GL UA Manual. 2..6'' pioneers in the front,2..6'' Pioneers in the rear.Pioneer Head Deck with ipod connection..12'' Kenwood Sub in the boot in kustom made ported box.Extractors Fitted,Tacho and shifting light mounted,Boss kit and F1 racing wheel fitted,1200W 2-CH amp running kenwood sub,4-Ch 700W Running 4 speakers..Things to come- Vinyl respray(Red & Black..very soon:D),mid range speakers,custom roof lining..Very soon too :D,Mags(One Day lol),Clear head and tinted tail lights,TRX wing and body kit.