Author Topic: INJECTORS.....  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
INJECTORS.....
« on: May 26, 2011, 04:45PM »
G'day G'day

so my 2nd injector from the left, third cylinder i think, is leaking like a mother fucker. Dad took the Fuel Rail off ryans old T and put it in my car, injectors and all. Now i got home from school and checked to see what he did, and it turns out he had put the 460cc rx7 injectors in my car, now would that be a problem in any way ? also the [i seem to suffer from tourettes] still leaks -_-" 
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: INJECTORS.....
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 05:20PM »
Where is it leaking from? Is it the injector leaking inside the cylinder, or is it a leak between that and the intake manifold or between the injector and the fuel rail? If its leaking internally then you'll need to replace the injector.

If its leaking between the fuel rail or the intake and the injector then i would be looking at o-rings to start with and go from there.

Also if you run the bigger injectors you'll need a tune as it will run very rich if it runs at all.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 05:26PM »
It's not leaking inside the cylinder, between the rail and what not. So you reckon o rings ? Well I have 3 sets of injectors anyway. I told the old man not to put the bigger injectors in but he reckons it won't need to be tuned and blah blah.
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 07:26PM »
It will.

You'll be dumping in just below double the fuel at the same injector pulsewidth as the standard 240cc/min injectors.

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 08:19PM »
Ahh, fuck that, I'll get him to throw the old ones back in and change the o rings
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS