Author Topic: Ka24e Rebuild  (Read 3633 times)

SaMmYJ

Ka24e Rebuild
« on: Apr 6, 2003, 03:13PM »
ok so i blue my engina and gear box.. and looking for a smashed up trx so i can pull engin/gearbox and thow it in , but would like to knoe wat should i do to the engin b4 i put it in so that it got bit more balls ?? also wat computer would u guys recomend ? microtec ?

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re:Ka24e Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: Apr 6, 2003, 03:39PM »
yeah, a microtech mt8.

give it some head work and i nice cam and raise the compression... you should be pulling some decent figures then.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

SaMmYJ

« Reply #2 on: Apr 6, 2003, 03:41PM »
head work ..wat does that exactly include ?? were can i get a cam from ? should i regrownd myne or get one allready dun, how u change compersion ? head gasget thinkness yea ?

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #3 on: Apr 6, 2003, 03:48PM »
i think there is a whole lot about this in the FAQ area...

if you can get the cam to the shop to be reground then thats fine, but otherwise, a 2nd hand cam would be fine. sssgtr has one for sale, or otherwise, check the wreckers.

for the head work, look into porting & polishing, ask sssgtr about buying one of his thermal manifold spacers. also, there are other ways to achieve higher compression on top of changing the head gasket, ask around at some shops that perform head work for your options & prices.

a good cold air intake with a pod located outside of the engine bay would get you a few kw too. then you might be interested in porting the maf to get some more air thru.

then you can port & polish the inlet plenum, or get a complete custom plenum made up.

then depending on if you want big power (close to 200kw) or not, and if you want to go forced induction or not, there is options down that road too.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Apr 7, 2003, 09:43AM »
yeah, $90 for the cam including camshaft caps. unless you've got access to an air compressor and die grinder, it's gonna be hard to port/polish your heads with just a dremel.

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Apr 7, 2003, 02:00PM »
Yeah, looking at a rebuild myself.

Looking for bigger cam, and a bit of head work. port and polish inlet etc.

Hopefully a noticable difference.

SaMmYJ

« Reply #6 on: Apr 7, 2003, 04:53PM »
anyone knoe were in melb i can get the head done ? wat cap degree should it b done to ??

Offline weasel

• nsw local moderator
  • post whore
  • ooooweeeooooo
« Reply #7 on: Apr 7, 2003, 05:20PM »
you could also get the Nos kit for the KA24E from ANTRX shop it's claiming to add 75 hp not bad :thumbs:
"Noss is God"