Author Topic: Well that was a huge night  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Milford

• resident clown
  • post whore
Well that was a huge night
« on: Aug 13, 2007, 09:41AM »
I went out saturday night to the docks bar in darling harbour to celebrate my mates birthday and we proceeded to drink heavily and dance badly until about 2:30 when i decided to leave and grab the night rider bus home to the western suburbs. so i get on the crowded bus and manage to find a seat and fall asleep on it. i woke up in an unfamiliar town and wandered it until i found a construction worker who informed me that i was in avalon (for non sydney people avalon is on the northern beaches about 45 minutes north of sydney.) I start to feel a bit concerned at this point and find a bus stop hoping that a bus would come at 3 in the morning.
I waited for about 5 minutes until i realised it was hopeless and i decided to scout for a warm place to sleep when 2 blokes found me and asked what i was doing. i let them know of my predicament and they offered to let me hang out with them and crash at their place. so their mates come and pick us up and theres about 12 of us in a sigma rocketing to this blokes house. it was only a short drive but i learned their names, doug was the owner and there was a gus and a james and a few others i cant remember. we were up in the mountains overlooking the water, it was a good view. we ended up sitting down and drinking while they asked me to tell my story over and over again and laugh at the situation i found myself in. i was offered a hit of a bong but told them i had learned the 'beer then grass' saying the hard way when i was younger and didnt want to be pissed and stoned in a foreign suburb. eventually the sun started coming up and i couldnt stay awake any longer and got given a double bed which i shared with doug. i woke up at about 10 in the morning and slipped out, i couldnt believe they all left their wallets and phones on the table and trusted me enough not to take them. i used one of the phones to get doug's number and left, i caught the bus back to the city and the train home, the entire trip took about 2 hours. i ended up messaging doug thanking him and telling him if he was ever lost in the western suburbs he could crash at my place.
i spent a lot of time on the bus thinking about how i manage to stay alive even though ive gotten pissed and fallen asleep on buses, cabs and on the side of the road. but ill continue to do it until fate catches up to me one day :)

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
Re: Well that was a huge night
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2007, 10:21AM »
good story mate.  :o
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2007, 12:34PM »
Haha all i can say is...wow, you slept in a bed with doug  :-\

Just joshin', what a night! At least you remember what happened.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2007, 04:04PM »
LOL shit !!!!

lucky you found a good mob man, I was waiting for the "they tried to sex me up so I ran away" haha
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2007, 07:07PM »
Ben, thats a fucking brilliant story mate, fucking brilliant! :D
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2007, 07:35PM »
Funniest thing I have read/seen all day. Absolute f***ing gold.

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: Aug 13, 2007, 10:56PM »
huge night indeed!! Lots on trust there indeed, on your behalf and theirs!!

http://ozvr4.com - check it out :)

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2007, 12:22AM »
man that has got to be the BEST story ive heard since.... since.... well something good!

good stuff man! an abosulter ripper!

....I was waiting for the "they tried to sex me up so I ran away" haha

LOL, yeah i was waitin for that too

talkin about goin to sleep on the nite rider home....

got $hitfaced in melb with Nevets and a few of his mates and got the nite rider home. fell asleep as soon as i sat down. next thing i know i wake up about 10mins from my "stop" and theres a chick asleep on me shoulder!  :o    ;)   :D

she woke up as i happened to "stare" at her and we got talkin for a bit. me stop came, and i got off (the bus - get ur minds outta the gutter!), and that was that! was a fun nite!

all i can say is that i HIGHLY recommend the nite rider!
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline Byas

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2007, 03:58AM »
man that was intense!!! this friday write a sequel for us!
Nissan Pintara Gli
Ford Laser WRC

Offline Milford

• resident clown
  • post whore
« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2007, 06:00PM »
man that was intense!!! this friday write a sequel for us!

well i could write a prequel about the time i slept on the side of the road, but i dont want to look like some kind of derro!

Offline Byas

« Reply #10 on: Aug 16, 2007, 05:46AM »
haha smooth... i tend to somehow find my way home usually with an array of interesting goodies i picked up along the way... but then again one side of town to the other is about the same as a short drive for sydney folk
Nissan Pintara Gli
Ford Laser WRC

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2007, 01:35AM »
....i tend to somehow find my way home usually with an array of interesting goodies i picked up along the way...

LOL, that reminds me of a time a mate from uni (@ warrnambool, vic) walked home from the pub and he came back with an aeroplane wind direction thingy! he blatantly jumped the fence into someone's backyard and just yanked the plane off it perch! dunno what happened to it a few days later, it just kinda disappeared as quickly as it came....
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline Byas

« Reply #12 on: Aug 17, 2007, 04:50AM »
my usual waking after a big night is just road signs. i have woken up with those flags on the golf course greens. a hose or two. even the neighbors cat (not in my bed of course) i try and tone it down a little after waking up with sand all through the house (the nearest beach is 300 km away) a rake, golf flag and two bruised fists soaking wet??? i don't want to remember...
Nissan Pintara Gli
Ford Laser WRC