Author Topic: remove rear seats U13  (Read 4284 times)

Offline fez200

• antrx.com full member
  • BARBIE AIN'T HERE..!
    • RAW4x4
remove rear seats U13
« on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:13AM »
anyone got an idea how to remove the rear seats or parcel shelf so i can remove the rear macpherson struts...

i understand thats where the top mounting nuts are??? what a bastard of place to mount them eh..
i used to own a commondore and they were in the boot and easy to get too
God gave man a brain and a penis and only enough blood to operate one at a time.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: remove rear seats U13
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2006, 08:41PM »
There are two bolts on the front of the hump that the back seat sits on, remove these then the horizontal cushion of the seat.

Then there are 2 bolts on the bottom corners of the vertical cushion, and possibly 2 behind the fold-down armrest. Then pull the whole cushion upwards and it should come free.

I can't tell you exactly what to do with the parcel shelf because I haven't ever pulled it out of a U13, but it should just be a matter of unbolting the child restraint hooks and pulling out any plastic plugs and then you should be able to lift the corners of the shelf up enough to get at the bolts.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2006, 08:54PM »
As Jono said, For the parcel tray you will have to push it up and it will pop out of the little clips that clip it in i think theres like 8 or so, but you will have to take out the break light 1st. the plastic surrounds of the break light shouldnt be too hard. You dont have to take the pannels out that are on the pillars to get the parcel tray out because its quite flexable im not sure if u will need to take out the rear speakers, because i had alredy taken mine out long before I took my parcel tray out to replace it with a new tichker 1.
Written off HNU13 Atttesa, PM me for part requests.

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2006, 10:07PM »
As Jono said, For the parcel tray you will have to push it up and it will pop out of the little clips that clip it in i think theres like 8 or so, but you will have to take out the break light 1st. the plastic surrounds of the break light shouldnt be too hard. You dont have to take the pannels out that are on the pillars to get the parcel tray out because its quite flexable im not sure if u will need to take out the rear speakers, because i had alredy taken mine out long before I took my parcel tray out to replace it with a new tichker 1.

He has no 3rd tail light, hes got the Atessa which like the SSS came with the wiper.

Offline fez200

• antrx.com full member
  • BARBIE AIN'T HERE..!
    • RAW4x4
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:03PM »
thanks for that guys.

just for anyones interest ive just bought the U13 factory workshop manual for the U13 1992 thru to 2000, was on eBy for $15 new

if anyone needs a section just ask me, im going to try and get the thing scanned and make a PDF file of it...

would anyone be keen to get it????
God gave man a brain and a penis and only enough blood to operate one at a time.

Offline bluesr20

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #5 on: Apr 2, 2006, 11:22AM »
Thanks, I'll put my hand up for a copy of that.

Don't want to hijack your thread, but does anyone know if mods are needed to fit 6 X 9's at the rear of the U13?  I want the thing to still look genuine.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 2, 2006, 09:01PM »
I've heard some of them come with factory fitted 6x9s, the easiest way to find out is to have a look from in your boot up at the parcel shelf and see if there are any cut-outs there.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Bluebird SSS

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2006, 03:25PM »
yeah mate mine came stock with 6x9s. Only thing is that the original cases dont fit back over mine
twenty inches nothin less

Offline Counterpunch

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2006, 10:02PM »
In my experience, the AU U13's came with 6x9's and the imports came with 6" rear speakers.  If you get the AU parcel shelf with the spacers, you can fit the 6x9's with no cutting or rework and make it look stock.  I have done that to my U13 Attesa.  A rear parcel shelf from the wreckers will set you back $15-$20.  I have the 6" parcel shelf spare in my garage if anyone is interested in it.
RNU12 Bluebird SSS Attesa
HNU13 Bluebird SSS Attesa Ltd

Offline Damo

• new kid on the block
« Reply #9 on: Jun 12, 2006, 04:53PM »
In my experience, the AU U13's came with 6x9's and the imports came with 6" rear speakers.  If you get the AU parcel shelf with the spacers, you can fit the 6x9's with no cutting or rework and make it look stock.  I have done that to my U13 Attesa.  A rear parcel shelf from the wreckers will set you back $15-$20.  I have the 6" parcel shelf spare in my garage if anyone is interested in it.

I have an OZ bluebird and i only had 6" holes in the parcel shelf i had to get pods to put the 6x9's in because unfortunately its illegal to cut away the parcel shelf :( would this be because i have the LX model

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 12, 2006, 09:52PM »
It is illegal but I've never heard of anyone being booked for it.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Damo

• new kid on the block
« Reply #11 on: Jun 13, 2006, 12:53AM »
It is illegal but I've never heard of anyone being booked for it.

the problem only comes when you go to get a road worthy check they wont give you one

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
« Reply #12 on: Jun 13, 2006, 04:32AM »
the problem only comes when you go to get a road worthy check they wont give you one

It really depends on who does the roadworthy and how good the cut and hack job is. The previous owner of my U13 LX had a full Sony XPlode system and i'm pretty sure he had 6x9s put in. It passed the roadworthy with no problems. Even with a Series 2 steering wheel with a non functional airbag (series 1 doesn't have the airbag feature)  :D

Offline Damo

• new kid on the block
« Reply #13 on: Jun 13, 2006, 01:02PM »
interesting to know  ;)

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
« Reply #14 on: Jun 13, 2006, 09:07PM »
interesting to know  ;)

Yeah but you're probably best off grabbing a parcel shelf from a wrecked SSS or Ti.
In Brisbane, Capalaba Wreckers have three U13s (two are SSS), Sandgate has two U13s (one is SSS), and All Auto Recycling has one U13 SSS.

Offline Damo

• new kid on the block
« Reply #15 on: Jun 14, 2006, 07:07PM »
that would be good if A: i lived in QLD and B: even with that shelf the magnet in my 6x9's wouldnt go through the jole in the parcel shelf

Offline cybersimon

• 96 u13 bluebird LX
« Reply #16 on: Jun 14, 2006, 11:08PM »
I have a set of Jaycar 6x9s in my u13 LX, they fit no worries , all I had to do was bend the boot spring out a bit so that it doesnt come into contact with the magnets. The screw holes in the parcel shelf even line up. They have some really good quality speakers at jaycar too.

Offline Damo

• new kid on the block
« Reply #17 on: Jun 15, 2006, 12:29AM »
I have a set of Jaycar 6x9s in my u13 LX, they fit no worries , all I had to do was bend the boot spring out a bit so that it doesnt come into contact with the magnets. The screw holes in the parcel shelf even line up. They have some really good quality speakers at jaycar too.

my 6x9's are 200mm deep they are huge they would not fit they only just fit through the hole now and thats with it being in the pods which are 2+ inches high

Offline fez200

• antrx.com full member
  • BARBIE AIN'T HERE..!
    • RAW4x4
« Reply #18 on: Jun 15, 2006, 12:56PM »
i had to get speaker raisers for my U13 attesa. looks kinda gay but it works.

however on my other local U13 i had, i didnt have that problem. they fitted perfect.  ???