Author Topic: U13 Bluebird Spare Parts?  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
U13 Bluebird Spare Parts?
« on: Apr 7, 2005, 11:11PM »
Gday,
A few weeks ago, I was on the highway coming back from uni. Anyway, it started to piss down rain so I slowed down to 70-80km/h to be extra careful. Unfortunately a dog came in off embankment on the side of the road and collided with my front left quarter panel. Didn't dent it, just broke the splash guard in half so now my quarter panel isn't alligned with my front bumper.

Took it to a panel beater on Tuesday and the guy said that if I source the front left splashguard they'll fix everything up for $25. He told me to go down to Village Motors and ask them for one. Not realising that the Village motors down the road is in fact a Holden dealership, I left without asking anymore questions.

So i'm wondering, can I go to Nissan and buy the part off them or will Holden do it (which I highly doubt they would, maybe the guy thought it was a Holden?)?
I've called around at wreckers but the ones I called, did not have any U13 Bluebird wrecks.
Does anyone know of any other places I can get the part from in Brisbane?
I also wouldn't mind picking up a U13 Series 2 grille to replace my series 1 grille.
Cheers.

Offline Colzie

• Type X BITCH!
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
Re: U13 Bluebird Spare Parts?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 8, 2005, 12:12AM »
hows the dog?
get in my pants!

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 8, 2005, 01:12AM »
Surprisingly, I think the little fella survived.
I don't consider that I hit him, more appropriately, he hit me.
When he collided with the car, I quickly looked in the rear view mirror and i saw him slide back along the wet road (emergency lane) and down the embankment. Couldn't pull over as it was just too dangerous but I made note of where I hit him so I could check if he was still there tomorrow. On the way back from uni the next day, he was gone so I assume he survived.
He did a nice job of breaking my splashguard though.

Offline Counterpunch

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #3 on: Apr 8, 2005, 02:53PM »
Is what you're looking for, the guard that resides above the wheel, ie. in the wheel well?  If so I may may one.  I curently have a complete U13 Attesa wreck that I am slowly pulling apart at my and people's request. Yes this is the one with the SR20DET engine and AWD Attesa drivetrain.  Currently most parts are still on the car.  Engine starts and runs well.  The car itself went through a rollover.  If you're in Brisbane, feel free to drop by and check it out.  Or if you know of anybody looking for U13 parts feel free to forward them to me.  Thanks and hope that I can help you.
RNU12 Bluebird SSS Attesa
HNU13 Bluebird SSS Attesa Ltd

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 8, 2005, 04:25PM »
Turns out Village Motors Holden also caters for Nissan spare parts, nearly $130 for the broken parts I need.

Is what you're looking for, the guard that resides above the wheel, ie. in the wheel well?  If so I may may one.  I curently have a complete U13 Attesa wreck that I am slowly pulling apart at my and people's request. Yes this is the one with the SR20DET engine and AWD Attesa drivetrain.  Currently most parts are still on the car.  Engine starts and runs well.  The car itself went through a rollover.  If you're in Brisbane, feel free to drop by and check it out.  Or if you know of anybody looking for U13 parts feel free to forward them to me.  Thanks and hope that I can help you.

Yeah mate i'm looking for the guard that resides in the front left wheel well but the guy at Holden said i'd need all the mounting pieces too...
I'm very interested in seeing what I could grab from that U13 wreck mate, i'm in Brisbane too!
Very interested in the front grille and some interior bits maybe even the splashguard bits.
Email me your location and details on [email protected]
« Last Edit: Apr 8, 2005, 04:28PM by Alister »