Author Topic: US and AUS  (Read 4565 times)

Offline SECLUDED

• antrx.com full member
US and AUS
« on: Oct 31, 2007, 01:07PM »
Ok, in Aus there is about 1 part available off the shelf for the U12.
In the US, even on eBay alone, there are about a million parts available for the KA stanza...

Now, for people with U12's that want to buy these parts but are not sure whether they can/should without taking any risks of seeing it arrive and then not fitting/working.

e.g. On eBay there is a Stanza KA24E 1989 - 1992 Engine Re-build kit.

Now, seeing as though the Aus dollar is only 10c off at the moment...MAKE WORTH OF IT!
Whatever the price is in US add 10% and its at your door.

So I want someone to clear up for everyone what aftermarket parts for the stanza can be used on the pintara over here?

Lukas.

P.S. These are the main things.

> Engine Re-Build Kit
> Injectors
> Extractors (Has anyone from US tried fitting 240SX Extractors on a U12?)
etc etc.
Kermit Engineering™ - IM Me For Details
 - Custom S/S Exhaust Systems
 - Custom S/S Intake Pipes
 - Custom S/S F/M Intercooler Piping
 - Custom Made Heat Shields
 - General Fabrication Work
All Available in Polished Finish
VERY High Quality Build

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: US and AUS
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2007, 01:14PM »
240sx extractors are for a rwd engine layout. They will not work in a front wheel drive application.

Why do you need to upgrade your injectors? unless you are running out of fuel (ie near on 90% duty cycle), no need.

Personally i would only use genuine Nissan parts for items such as chain guides, timing chain, tensioner etc than those included in such kits.

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2007, 01:41PM »

Personally i would only use genuine Nissan parts for items such as chain guides, timing chain, tensioner etc than those included in such kits.

I'd agree with that, better off paying a little more and getting good quality gear.

Is it worth paying for shipping etc from US rather than buying Nissan parts, wouldn't it cost around the same in the end?

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2007, 11:32PM »
yeah for the things mentioned I dont feel its really worth it.
However, some things are just not accessable in aus unless custom.

For example.
our group buy nismo short shifters... US product.
Strut tower braces... unless you hold out for SSS's awsome ones

If you are going full out on a KA24DE you might need to look at the US, but most stuff is redily available here in aus, thats if you even need to upgrade.

Pretty sure japan is the place to look at with our current dollar.  Buy some rims, brakes or a whole import vehicle.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Nov 1, 2007, 08:35AM »
I hope you're not talking about "those" stb's from the states col..... :o

One generic part for example, a TiAL 44mm Vband wastegate. RRP here is approx $850.

I bought one for atpturbo in california for $550 AUD which INCLUDED express shipping, and that was back when the aus dollar was still around 70cents US.

I know for the KA24E i would not buy new OEM valves from Nissan, i would purchase SS valves from SI Valves in the US.

Col is spot on about KA24DE performance parts though, you'd pay about $1200 AUD for a full built head (excluding machine/port work) whereas here you'd be up for about $2k in parts alone.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Nov 1, 2007, 10:29AM »
I got all my parts for the KA from US, nothing wrong with getting from the US, but don't buy cheap shit. There's a difference.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #6 on: Nov 1, 2007, 01:47PM »
the guys that built my engine had to get heaps of stuff from the US also.  Thats why it took them 2 months rather than 2 weeks.

Offline DeathPlaza

• antrx.com senior member
  • Stupid American
    • Ralphsquad
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2008, 10:14PM »
yah i dunno i was really into the stanza before i got my car and i couldn't find much to upgrade, and trust me i really looked. as far as a rebuild kit yah they are easy to find, but like others said some of the parts in those kits are questionable.  if you wanna have a side exit exhaust then a 240sx manifold might work lol cuz its gonna be pointing the wrong direction.  and yah injectors are really unnecessary unless you are boosting or have a cam and some form of tuning, in which case you should probably already know that, or have lots of money and a competent/trustworthy engine builder/tuner who can take care of you.   to be honest i found a shitload more aftermarket parts through this website than i found on ebay or any other american website.

89-92 stanza and pintara trx are practically the same car just dont get parts that wouldn't be compatible with rhd, i.e. steering rack, subframe, possibly brake or clutch cylinders, and the interiors are totally different (mostly huge parts that would be ridiculous to ship anyway).  i think if i lived in aus and had a pintara i might get the us stanza guage cluster because i kindof like it, although the japanese cluster is nicer, but who knows if the plugs on the back are even the same, if they aren't you are really in for some fun wiring.  if someone is looking for something in particular i might make a trip to pick-a-part soon (e-mail me), here hardly anyone owns/maintains stanzas so parts for them at the junkyard cost next-to-nothing (or nothing if they are "pocket parts")

there are probably more stanzas in the u-pull junkyards than on the road in the states sadly. 
I have a sunroof!

Offline trxboi1987

• antrx.com junior member
  • Pimp Whoring in a TRX.....Baby!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2008, 04:31PM »
but, can i just ask one thing? u might think its a stupid question but, the turbo manifolds that are advertised over in the US for the 240sx KA24e will they fit the aussie KA version? cause if so, i found this great site where u can buy the turbo manifold in a kit, including turbo and waste gate etc.

http://www.jgsturbo.com/kamain.html

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2008, 05:18PM »
Long answer: yes with modification
Short answer No:

Problem = Ka24e in the usa is rear wheel drive so the engine sits like this |
Ka24e in aus is front wheel so the engine sits like this --

The "Manifold" which is the main expensive thing will need to be modified to suit the different direction of the motor or made from scratch.

Offline FXST01

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • Just answer the damn question
« Reply #10 on: Sep 1, 2008, 08:33PM »
So would injectors for a 240SX from the US, work in a KA24E in Australia?

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #11 on: Sep 2, 2008, 12:04AM »
So would injectors for a 240SX from the US, work in a KA24E in Australia?

Yes... but as stated a couple of times previously.... INJECTORS WONT GIVE YOU A PERFORMANCE UPGRADE. You only need to upgrade your injectors when you have done enough complimentary modifcations that your standard ones are running out.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline FXST01

« Reply #12 on: Sep 3, 2008, 06:02PM »
Yes... but as stated a couple of times previously.... INJECTORS WONT GIVE YOU A PERFORMANCE UPGRADE. You only need to upgrade your injectors when you have done enough complimentary modifcations that your standard ones are running out.

I didn't ask if they gave a performance upgrade, I asked if they would fit! Have you priced stock injectors in Australia? what a rip off, 1/10 the price in USA.

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #13 on: Sep 3, 2008, 09:13PM »
Doesnt matter, you don't need to buy any.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline FXST01

« Reply #14 on: Sep 3, 2008, 09:19PM »
Doesnt matter, you don't need to buy any.

Why, will my old ones get better?

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 4, 2008, 12:27AM »
They'd be fine as long as they're the same flow rate as standard U12 KA24 injectors.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #16 on: Sep 4, 2008, 12:40AM »
Why, will my old ones get better?
Yes, definately.