Author Topic: New Guy here  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
New Guy here
« on: Jun 4, 2007, 06:54PM »
Hey guys, m a newbie here.

Bought a Pintara Ti Ka24E Hatch of a mate who lost his license, the odometer is broken its says 160,000 km but prob more than that lol. Its my first car as have always been lazy in saving up for a car and been mainly doing burnouts and the Family AU lol.

Got a question, I'm still a bit new to all this but I tried to adjust the clutch rod as my clutch was very hard to push and once it slipped. I found that the nut was loose so loosened it more but couldnt find the screw to adjust. I pumped the clutch and then retightened the screw and found it isnt that stiff anymore. Also I was trying to remove the air box to remove that restrictive intake but couldnt get the big screw off.

I unclipped and removed the air sensor and the lid came off, but near the corner there is a bolt that holds it to the car and it has like a rubber bolt on which meant when I unscrewed it just spun and couldnt get a grip on the rubber nut thing, any help would help. Btw car runs well, glad its a Nissan, had some bad luck tho, my mate reversed with the door open into my mailbox.

Guard pushed in, door pushed in and most panel beaters qouted $2000 for new door and front guard. I managed to get someone to help me pull the guard back out and the door and replace the door pin tho I think the hinge is broken but now it shuts just gotta be careful when opening it. This forum is awesome.  :)

« Last Edit: Jun 4, 2007, 07:01PM by Budgie »
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: New Guy here
« Reply #1 on: Jun 4, 2007, 07:03PM »
Welcome mate, I just added some line breaks in your post so its easier to read :)

Although, good first post... versus some of the others we get around here!

What two-tone colour is your Ti?
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Jun 4, 2007, 09:12PM »
Ey,

welcome to antrx,

where you from ?
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Jun 4, 2007, 10:05PM »
Its BLue/Grey and a 5 Speed Manual. The KA24E isnt a bad engine, quite solid.

Problem was mate didnt look after it all that well, when I checked the oil dipstick only literally at least 2mm of black oil was evident.  :o So had to top up, after driving a while noticed have an oil leak.

Thankfully relatives are decent mechanics so gonna get them to help me service it. There are some sick rides here.

Btw am a Brizzy cruiser if there are many other Brisbane members.  :)
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.