Author Topic: sr20ve  (Read 2380 times)

Offline gach2

• antrx.com full member
sr20ve
« on: May 3, 2007, 07:09PM »
i was just wondering what would be required for a sr20ve conversion for a u12.
i know engine, gearbox (also driveshafts), ecu and wiring loom would be needed. i was wondering what else would be required. also would it be worth converting or would i be better of importing a nissan primera from japan or new zealand. they go for around 5-10k in nz for 98 sr20ve model. should only cost around 1-2k to import and compliance (im hoping havent done much research yet and also not sure if it is eligible for import).

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Re: sr20ve
« Reply #1 on: May 3, 2007, 10:33PM »
exact same as a sr20det.

looms and ecu's need to match the VE head though.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline gach2

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: May 3, 2007, 10:49PM »
so i wouldnt need anything else? other than ecu and loom? doesnt seem like it would cost too much for conversion. ive seen sr20ve s go for 1000 dollars on tradme.co.nz with the loom. sounds like a good base engine for creating a n/a car with 150kwatw. im probably dreaming but thats my aim to start a project on that at the end of the year after i finish school.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: May 3, 2007, 10:52PM »
no..

u need everything to convert from say a x motor to a sr20 assembly (gearboxes, whatever)

but u NEED the ecu and loom from a sr20VE...without them the motor is useless.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: May 3, 2007, 11:00PM »
Some fellas in Malaysia have converted a U12 to an SR20VE powerplant... its been done!

http://nismoclub.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3147&highlight=u12&sid=b169ee8f7c71659fd79174b4e4f9438b
« Last Edit: May 3, 2007, 11:02PM by Budgie »
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline gach2

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #5 on: May 4, 2007, 08:37PM »
thx for the link but had no idea what it said (not english). so would you think would be possible to do conversion for around 2-3k. if not id probably do more research into importing a primera.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #6 on: May 5, 2007, 10:31AM »
arn't the engines like 3k on their own ?

if you really liked you car i don't think you'd be asking if you wanted to do it..

i'd love it, imagine how rare that would be.

zoom magazine would snap you up for a write up straight away.

the only sr20ve i've seen in aus is in a n15 q at carlovers (car wash), he was a philo bloke, abit of rice... (reminded me of some cars on car domain) but yeah, it had a top engine in it.

Offline gach2

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #7 on: May 5, 2007, 12:53PM »
i just found out this idea stupid for me as i cant drive a car with engine conversion on my ps. so sr20ve conversion thought on my trx is not gonna happen. still gotta see if i can import n drive around a primera. if anyone knows plz tell me