Author Topic: Open Ford Festiva  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Open Ford Festiva
« on: Dec 27, 2009, 05:16PM »
Anyone know how to open a Ford Festiva, mid 90's model, with no keys?
The ignorant green P plater has parked directly across from our driveway, on a skinny street which barely fits two cars across.
I want to open her car and just roll it down the hill about 10m to a more suitable location at the end of the court.  Then leave a note inside telling them it was a stupid place to park their car.

I'm guessing it would be easy with a coathanger, but that is very fiddly.  Maybe the locks are old enough that they will open with other keys (mums magna key used to open my pintara).

Also know that with a coat hanger sized shaft inside the door handle we could open the door of a magna, and also the pintara, without too much fuss and no damage.

What do people suggest?

Offline cruizer

• post whore
Re: Open Ford Festiva
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2009, 05:35PM »
Brick?

It shits me when ppl park across from my driveway. Perhaps google what the interior trim looks like to see if you can get a coathanger in. Just be careful to not get caught by the owner/police cos I don't know how understanding they will be  ;)

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2009, 07:20PM »
Err.

Don't take this into your own hands, call the police and let them deal with it.

I know even if I did park in front of someones driveway for god knows what reason (maybe I didn't see it?) and I saw someone trying to break into my car, well.. they wouldn't have arms left.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2009, 08:20PM »
they are a P plater.

P platers can't park for shit.

not to mention women :P

God forbid it had ACT plates on it too.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2009, 10:29PM »
they are a P plater.
P platers can't park for shit.
not to mention women :P
God forbid it had ACT plates on it too.

All true.  Their wheel isnt even on the concrete bit of the curb, so it's practically in the middle of the road.

The Police won't do jack, technically I'm not sure it is illegal, just very poorly parked.  The simple solution would be to knock on their door and ask them to move it... but I just wanted to imagine their face when they come out and see their car parked 10m down the street.  My Keys didnt open it.
The only reason i'm pissed off about it is because the people live 2 houses away and have a massive nature strip big enough to park about 6 cars.  Instead they park 3 cars in the street and still have an open driveway.  >:(

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2009, 01:23PM »
Parking on the nature strip can be illigal too?

Probably too late to suggest anything now :P but possibly, if you've got a hydraulic jack or two, put it up on those and wheel it around that way. Or hell, it's a festiva, just get a few mates to help pick it up :P

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:02PM »
It moved on the 28th... after being there for near enough 4 days.  Think it must have broken down or something, ppl came along put the hood up then it was gone :)  So turns out it wasnt the people a few houses down on this occation.

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #7 on: Jan 3, 2010, 03:25PM »
It moved on the 28th... after being there for near enough 4 days.  Think it must have broken down or something, ppl came along put the hood up then it was gone :)  So turns out it wasnt the people a few houses down on this occation.

So I guess I was wrong by putting a brick through their window?  :P