Author Topic: Bluebird Rear lights???  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Zalek86

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Bluebird Rear lights???
« on: Jun 6, 2008, 05:47PM »
I recently needed to get my rear lights replaced so i needed to get new ones (of course) anyway i bought some from over NSW and when they were sent to me they were not the right ones. they looked exactly the same however where slighlty off shape (didn't fit), otherwise completly fine (they were from a company that makes them new). anyway i ended up buying 2nd hand ones from a wrecker. so now i have these rear lights that i presume are for some form of Bluebird or altezza or something that has the very similar (practically exactly the same) rear lights. if anybody needs a pair in very good condition (technically new) please let me know or even if you know what they might be classed as let me know. I don't want to put them on ebay and rip someone off when they wont fit there U13 Aus Bluebird. Help???

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
Re: Bluebird Rear lights???
« Reply #1 on: Jun 6, 2008, 06:26PM »
Probably a bad quality aftermarket design. To give you an idea of aftermarket rear tail light quality for U13s, I bought a set of the bmw style rear tail lights. They fit after I cut away a decent portion of plastic from each top section of the lights. They leaked and fogged up though until I attacked them with silicon. I'd just put them on Ebay and mention the fitting problems.

Offline snailman

• GOC 180' man
  • antrx.com senior member
  • 1994 U13 SSS BLUEY
Re: Bluebird Rear lights???
« Reply #2 on: Aug 2, 2008, 11:57AM »
yeh as alister said just put them on ebay and mention they didn't fit... someone else (cant remember who) managed to modify some lights he got with a hot steak night if you wana "modify" some parts :D
loves doing 180's up great ocean road... not!