Author Topic: changing Lights u13 SSS  (Read 5090 times)

Offline u13_DrivingSchool

• antrx.com junior member
  • Learn 2 Drive in Style !
changing Lights u13 SSS
« on: Apr 26, 2006, 12:50AM »
Has anyone found local place to get aftermarket lights
eg altezza for SSS bluebird  or euro style lights .. only place i found ebay  USA nissan altima lights and $100 shipping if i got them would they still fit ...

pics please if anyone got them changed
Learn 2 Drive in Style !

Offline LUP15

• antrx.com senior member
  • formerly DIGITOBI
Re: changing Lights u13 SSS
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2006, 02:48PM »
really need to start using the search button. it will result in a quicker answer if the info is already out there.

most of the us lights will require slight mods. im getting the depo headlights and clear indicators from the us. will post up how well they fit on
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline phreeky

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2006, 03:20PM »
related topic, anyone know what stuff you use to re-seal lights - in my case the rear lights which i have pulled off and are now leaking water into the boot? driving around without any boot interior and the drain plug out is getting to me, haha.

i pulled the light off and all that black goo crap was there sealing it, i tried pulling it back into place and lining it all up but couldn't get it right, where do i get that stuff from?

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2006, 10:08PM »
thanks . yes i know how to search forums but all i can find is headlights .. i am after TAIL LIGHTS in Australia .. a possible supplier in Australia not USA and if anyone has purchased them and DO THEY FIT Australian u13 SSS

thanks
Learn 2 Drive in Style !

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2006, 12:13AM »
I haven't heard of anyone getting aftermarket tail lights from within australia.

Of the Qld crew, Alister and Ka-Bluey both have aftermarket lights. Ka-Bluey got his cheap second-hand from the US and Alister got his from the US ebay, brand new.

Someone else got the same lights as Alister, but I can't remember who.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline chaserone

• heh
« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2006, 11:26PM »
I got aftermarket tail lights as well. No I have not found any place selling aftermarket lights for the U13 in OZ.  I got mine from the USA. 

For fitting, I dare say that the taillights will not have problems fitting.  They are all the same (basic) shape.  However, as mentioned in one of the eariler posts , sealing and running water may be a problem.  A solution is to get the black sticky material (skiaflex if I didnt get the name wrong) and seal it up properly.  Alternatively, you may use the wet area silicon sealants on the external gaps (between the taillight and the body of the car) which I have done.  No water probs at all for me.

For those who are keen on the headlight conversions (using US headlights) refer to my posts in the style department where I have noted any possible problems and solutions.

Hope this helps. 

I reject your reality and subsitute it with my own.....

« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2006, 12:35AM »
thanks to those helpfull answers ... maybe pay the $150 delivery or leave the tail lights alone ...
Learn 2 Drive in Style !

Offline phreeky

« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2006, 11:22AM »
*snip*

thanks, which sikaflex did you use? i've used a couple of different types (not on a car) but they set much harder and more solid than typical tail-light sealant used. the standard stuff to use seems to be more "gooie" (just like the stuff used for the plastic behind door trims), never sets all that hard. i wouldn't like to have to break an overly strong seal later on to try and get the tail light back off.

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2006, 01:08PM »
I've got the aftermarket Euro style ones on my U13.
Installation is pretty simple, bolts right up but chances are that they won't fit 100% so you may need to shave away some of the plastic.
Then they will probably leak so you'll need to bog it up with SIKAFLEX or sealant of some sort but sikaflex is the best thing to use.

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #9 on: Apr 29, 2006, 05:57PM »
thanks to those helpfull answers ... maybe pay the $150 delivery or leave the tail lights alone ...

That is a bit much for shipping. I payed $75US for shipping my DEPO lights to Aus. Which may i add i will be selling shortly.. Together with a series 2 grill that fits.

Offline chaserone

• heh
« Reply #10 on: May 8, 2006, 09:21PM »
thanks, which sikaflex did you use? i've used a couple of different types (not on a car) but they set much harder and more solid than typical tail-light sealant used. the standard stuff to use seems to be more "gooie" (just like the stuff used for the plastic behind door trims), never sets all that hard. i wouldn't like to have to break an overly strong seal later on to try and get the tail light back off.

Use the ones that dont set that hard.  Setting hard is likely to mean an increased difficulty in  removing them later (if you want to remove them).  Basically the function of the skillaflex is to create a seal to prevent moisture/water from seeping into your car.  Not so much of holding the tailight in place cos you got them nuts and bolts for that.  Again as mentioned in my post, you may use a silicone seal (less messy).  Removal is easy as those things can be cut with a sharp object and then they arent hard to peel off. 

I reject your reality and subsitute it with my own.....

Offline nitrouz

« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2007, 10:40AM »

these are mine :-)

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2007, 06:03PM »
Im selling/trading mine. Im after some stocko ones!! Mine are like the ones above but the colour are the other way around, and they are more stock looking.

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 1, 2007, 02:21PM »

these are mine :-)

Same as the ones I had on mine.
Are you selling that U13?
Remember seeing it on carsales.