Author Topic: u13 bluebird 1/4 mile times  (Read 5128 times)

Offline bluebird

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
u13 bluebird 1/4 mile times
« on: Oct 25, 2005, 10:17PM »
Just wondering if anyone out there has had their u13 attesa timed down the
quarter mile.
I am hoping to take mine to calder this summer and have it timed.
As there are hardly any attess's out there its hard to know what other people are running.
I have heard stories of people running high 12's in WA but dont know how much work has been done.
I currently have 172kw at the wheels so I am keen to see what that equates to down the quarter mile.
If anyone knows of any times recorded I would like to hear about them.

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: u13 bluebird 1/4 mile times
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2005, 10:28PM »
Mine pulled 13.87 almost stock. 13PSI. Mods below.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline bluebird

• new kid on the block
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2005, 12:44PM »
Mate 13.8 sec is a great time for a basically stock car.
Your suspension setup may have helped you to launch a bit better.
Maybe high 12 's is possible for the u13 with some more mods.

Offline phreeky

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2005, 12:56PM »
i agree high 13s is a great time almost stock

i've had a fairly average time of 14.4 but i think some things weren't right. the intercooler piping at the time was a joke, the boost controller was ghetto (the combination of these made boost drop to around 8psi at redline) and unfortunately my car still has the standard dump pipe (nobody in townsville can do a dump pipe for me cos they're all lazy a*ses, so i will sorta that out later).

so the bigger front mount was probably bad for my times as the piping was dodgy (and a cooler in itself isn't much use on a single run).

i don't mean to sound like i'm making excuses, but i unfortunately haven't been able to get to the drags since to see whether my "fixes" have made a difference. when i do i'll let you know.

also i can quite easily get 1.8s 60 foot times, but 1.7s can be done if you're careful to to get too much wheel spin. my best trap speed was 97mph but i had a bad launch (trap speeds seem to be a bit higher with worse launches).

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2005, 01:59PM »
The best time I ever got was 14.0 sec with the only mod being a turbosmart bleeding valve boost controller.  During the boost it levelled at around 11PSI.
RNU12 Bluebird SSS Attesa
HNU13 Bluebird SSS Attesa Ltd

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2005, 05:48PM »
i know it is not a U13 but my U12 bluey used to make it down the quarter in 13.8secs with a 60 foot time of 2.2 secs or something like that....

i was impressed with that as anyone would be with a barely modded bluey....

now at the time it was producing about 120-130kw's at all 4's, am a bit unsure as didnt have it dynoed at the time, but now my beast has 145kw's at all 4's as tested at technik tuning on the last dyno day in Melbourne. i am putting it on a dyno dynamics dyno in a week and a half's time to find out if these new mods have done anything so will have a new power figure to put up aswell. if you want bluebird check out the thread in vic and tas meets etc. and come along or something.

and since you want to go to the drags, we will be going to the drags on the 18th November at calder aswell, i will be punting mine down the line so would like to punt against another attesa ehhe ;D and will be interesting to see what 172kw's will do (my estimate at a high 12).

have fun

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline phreeky

« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2005, 10:05AM »
i guess it also depends where you are and the weather too, i imagine running this time or year would be much worse than in the middle of winter.

i'll be heading to the drags again over the next few weeks, but unfortunately at the moment our night time ambient temps up here are probably around 25 degrees - that can't be good for times.

Offline bluebird

• new kid on the block
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2005, 11:36AM »
I am trying to do some suspension work on my u13 before I run it.
Front shocks need replacing so I was thinking while I am at it maybe  a complete whiteline kit
would be a good idea. Eventually I would like to take it Sandown to do a few laps so I want a good set up
not only for drags but the circuit also.
Any of you guys know of a good suspension place in Melbourne.
My original contact is getting a bit slack lately so I cant keep waiting for him.

Also Keep me informed on your future times.
I have too many commitents in November so I probably wont be at calder to
December.
We will eventually see each other somewhere down the track.

Offline phreeky

« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2005, 11:56AM »
the problem with the whiteline kit is that whiteline can no longer source the appropriate shocks. i think a few people (including myself) have gone to the hassle of contacting whiteline and talking to them about why the full kit is no longer available, and it's a real pain in the a*se.

i've got the bushes and rear swaybar (still haven't put the new control-arm bushes in yet). i also have the camber bolts but haven't put them in, my car seems to have a little bit of negative camber as it is and seems to wear the inside and outside edge fairly evenly, body roll seems to be my biggest issue (as i'm sure it is for most of us).

i've been investigating some alternative options but cannot go ahead with them because i don't have the money at the moment, and will have to look into it after christmas. it's hard for me to juggle spending money on handling and money on power, i like a quick straight-line car but i enjoy a car that sits nice and flat so much more.

Offline LUP15

• formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2005, 03:55PM »
where did u get the control arm bushes and how much do they cost?

im a control freak and want my handling to be pretty decent... too bad about the limited options we have for shocks :( what will u be looking at to replace the shocks? kybs?
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #10 on: Oct 27, 2005, 05:10PM »
Control arm bushes are available from Whiteline or Marty's Auto Parts (07) 3372 5455.  Part number is KCA350 and they cost about $106.10 last time I checked.  Here are a few other parts worth upgrading for better handling:

Camber Bolt Kit - KCA412, $84.50
Swaybar Link Bush Kit - W0007, $15.00
28mm Swaybar D bush - SPF1135-28K, $29.10
Strut Brace
Whiteline Rear Swaybar

I spent just under $600 getting the whiteline handling package, strut brace and low King springs and my Attesa handles great.  Digitobi can vouch for that.

I also have a spare Camber Bolt Kit that I'm not using if anybody wants it.  Used for only a few weeks but still as good when it was bought.

Offline bluebird

• new kid on the block
« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2005, 08:58PM »
Understand where youre coming from Phreeky.
Money is always the enemy.
I have been driving around for 2 years just enjoying straight line acceleration
and have done my mods slowly. When you have a family things tend to go even slower.
But now its time to do some suspension work as I have too much negative camber at the front.
Around 2 degrees so I am wearing inside of tyres a bit.
I waited unitil tyres got low and will now do tyres plus suspension including camber kit,rear sway bar and bushes.
I might even sus out some rims if the price is right.
Not sure whether to go 16 or 17 inch.
I dont want to stuff up my turning circle.
What do you guys think. I havent seen too many 17 inch on u13 bluebirds.
Anyone fitted 17's before. How did you find it.
Only problem is that it might stuff up my stealth sleeper mode a bit.
Then again to most people it would just be bluebird with big wheels.

Offline phreeky

« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2005, 10:13AM »
i used to have 18s, made the car handle a lot nicer with the low profile tyres. the design of the ones i had required spacers on the front however, plus 18" tyres were a killer.

fitted under the guard easily and they didn't look overkill either imo. sure they were big but the cars not small either.

the tyre profile gave a really nice initial turn in, and i had 225s on them so it stuck a lot nicer through the corner too and also it's nice not having any tyre roll.

i'd go either 16s or 17s with low profile tyres personally, depending on how i'd like it to effect final drive.

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2005, 11:51AM »
I had a set of Advantek Blade 17"x 7" rims put on my car with 215/45/17 tyres.  It seemed to fit alright without any problems.  Performance changed dramatically.  My Attesa handled much firmer on the road with less rolling.  As for turning circle, these cars just have the worst turning circle to begin with.  It didn't get worse with wheel upgrades, nor did it get better.  I would go for 17" maybe 18" but then the tyres get more expensive and the ride can get a bit rough.  The car will still look like a sleeper with larger rims on.  Most cars these days have large rims so it's not a big thing that stands out as it used to.

Offline bluebird

• new kid on the block
« Reply #14 on: Nov 1, 2005, 07:30PM »
Hi Guys,
I found out that what phreeky said is spot on.
I am also having trouble getting front shocks for my u13 attesa.
Anyone have any update on this subject.
Has anyone ever thought of coil overs.
Apart from the high price are there any available for the bluey.

Also I was just wondering if anyone one has actually noticed any difference
to the car after fitting a strut brace.
Is it really required and does it make much difference.
I can imagine how sway bars and bushes would make a big difference but not sure about the strut brace.

regards
bluebird

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #15 on: Nov 1, 2005, 09:25PM »
Swaybar are the best upgrade handling wise you can make.  Second to coilovers I reckon! :)

Especially on bluebirds like ours that all live in body-roll city!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 1, 2005, 10:03PM »
My Atessa is lowered and has the whiteline rear sway bar, it handles brilliantly, no understeer or oversteer, the whole car slides together, makes it really easy to drive and predict what it is going to do. BTW i have 1.8 second 60 foot times for my all my 13.8 - 13.9 second runs, is that good?
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline phreeky

« Reply #17 on: Nov 2, 2005, 04:12PM »
i can get constant 1.8s and occasional 1.7s

as for your car being lowered, is that lowered springs on standard shocks? if so what springs you using? i've contemplated a quick and dodgy temporary fix of doing that but not sure how long the shocks will last, i get the feeling they're already on their way out

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #18 on: Nov 2, 2005, 09:39PM »
I dont know about the rear shocks but I know the fronts are Pedders Gas comfort with pedders lowered springs. The back is king springs with I think maybe standard shocks. All shocks and springs are available from pedders, they even list their part numbers on their website. Just make sure you get a good pedders dealer to install them, my camber bolts kept coming loose after the new front shocks and springs were installed and I had to take the car back a couple of times.

Offline LUP15

• formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #19 on: Nov 2, 2005, 11:22PM »
are the pedders shocks for the u13 attesa? how much were the shocks and how do they feel?

got any pics? interested in the ride height
« Last Edit: Nov 3, 2005, 12:53AM by digitobi »
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 3, 2005, 01:16PM »
I cant remember what they cost me, but the car feels great on the road and the ride height I think is perfect. Pictures of my car are at http://home.iprimus.com.au/sutton6/1.htm. The pics right down the bottom with the white mags are with the new shocks/springs.