Author Topic: wiring up sterio for pintara T  (Read 1359 times)

Offline gollywog

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
wiring up sterio for pintara T
« on: Jun 27, 2004, 02:33PM »
im wiring up my sterio in me pinny T cause i aint forkin out $140 or so to the guys im buyin it off.
just couple of questions.... how do i go about making a new bracket for the front speakers?
were do i hook the power up to from the amp and head unit..... i know that sounds like a stupid question... but i gota ask.
and were do the wires for the back speakrs go.... under the carpet.... along the outside bottom of the door... were? 
will the head unit fit straight into the dash or will i need to make a brackett?

if anyone could help me out it wood be apreciated...  thanks

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: wiring up sterio for pintara T
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2004, 01:48PM »
for the front speakers, go to an audio shop or autobarn or similar and buy an 'mdf spacer' which is basically an mdf ring that you attach to the door frame and then attach the speaker to that.

power for the headunit connects up to the power that is already in your car for the existing head unit.

power for the amp comes straight from the positive terminal of the battery. you have to buy a decent gauge wiring for your amp. if your amp isnt excessively powerful then you could probably get away with 12 gauge, but if its a decent amp then 8 or 10 gauge is the way to go.

the wires for the speakers will run from the amp to where ever you decide they will go. most people run them down the sides of the car as they dont have to rip out their interior to run the wires. just keep them away from the power cables as this could introduce electrical interference into the system.

use the stock mounting bracket for the stereo.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline BEEFY_1600

• antrx.com junkie
  • 1968 Datsun 1600 FJ20ET GTX3076R
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2004, 06:14PM »
For wiring your amp dont go any smaller then 8 gauae as it's pritty cheap so you may as well over kill then not get enough power to you amp cause you will end up frying it.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2004, 09:07PM »
Im running 4 gauge wire to the amp. 4 gauge for the ground and 8 gauge for the speakers. Make sure you get a real decent ground point, this may involve scratching the paint off or sanding it back to get a real good connection. Also make sure your gauge is consistant between power and ground, or if its different make the ground larger.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"