Author Topic: i swear i have the worst luck with hu's  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
i swear i have the worst luck with hu's
« on: Sep 25, 2003, 01:27AM »
ok i just bought a kenwood kdc-2023 hu (brand new this time) wired it up... nothing, no power what so ever, checked fuse, all good. So i wired it straight to the battery to make sure it wasnt my wiring... still nothing.  could this be anything but the hu itself? any ideas? thanks in advance.

89tipintara

Re:i swear i have the worst luck with hu's
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2003, 02:20AM »
from my experience if it isnt working via direct wiring to the battery it isnt going to work. however sometimes when wiring it inside the car and you hook the constatnt power to the ignition wire and flick it on fuses can go in the main fuse box in the car. if you wire it up to the battery both constant and ignition lines needs to be connected to positive, however i suspect you already knew that. take it back and buy a jvc champ  8)

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2003, 02:41AM »
oho man you are a life saver, connect both wires to positive! i was only connecting the ignition wire. karma karma karma

89tipintara

« Reply #3 on: Oct 5, 2003, 11:26AM »
so it worked then? let me know.

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2003, 03:35PM »
yep works perfectly.  i had to run a wire thru the firewall and directly onto the battery for the constant power but its all good now.  cheers for your help