Author Topic: Lost power and exsuast sounds different ??/  (Read 17329 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re:Lost power and exsuast sounds different ??/
« Reply #60 on: Feb 18, 2003, 08:52AM »
i'm saying that i'm around 110km an our when i hit the rev limiter. but i dont htink i'd get over the 110km/hr mark, but i might do, i'll suss it out a little more tonite maybe.

i haven't advanced my timing, but i would take the acceleration over the top end. but at prices ranging between $1.02 to $1.14 a litre for premium petrol, i dont really feel like chewing thru petrol faster than what i already do.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

SaMmYJ

aghhh
« Reply #61 on: Feb 18, 2003, 09:03AM »
i duno wat to say boys, ;D u r the best i am just cut my car aint performing after like 50 dyno runs and changing nearly everything i cant find the prob , got new exuast new cat new spark plaugs
new leads new pod ,  changed oil fel filter oil filter i duno , all i can tell u i s the exuast note has changed and scince then the power is gone i t hink its the engin , anyone in melb live around my area so they can gimi a 2nd opionion ?? or knoe a mechinic they can take it to so they can find the prob ??  cus i put on dyno only reading like 60 kwats now :(

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
« Reply #62 on: Feb 18, 2003, 10:32AM »
bad fuel maybe??  no idea
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #63 on: Feb 18, 2003, 01:14PM »
Didn't you mention you already had a new cat sammy???

Man if I said something that was offending I'm real sorry. I revved my car much up to 6000 and got 200km/h. I was too scared to rev it harder than that so who knows. The only reason we "disputed" your claim of 120 in 2nd is that none of us can do it! More interested than anything.

Your car looks heaps awesome man anyway!!

in what gear richtrx?
I... umm.... Sorry that was a big mistake I actually meant 100km/h.....

I didn't wanna rev it to the limiter so really speaking in that extra 500rpm you could get another 10+ km/h out of the car.

OK well here we go with another argument guys!!!!!
in 5th, i was revving at around 3500-4000rpm and i was sitting well above the 200km/hr limit of the speedo, i'd be guessing 215km/hr
Two days ago my mate Terry thought he would tailgate me so I floored it and kept an eye on the speedo/tacho... From that:: I reached a max of 160km/h and the tacho read nearly exactly 4000 in 5th gear. Oh no mistake the car was still accellerating hard when I got to that speed but there was kinda a town called Macclesfield approaching... quicker than usual....
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2003, 01:18PM by RichTRX »
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #64 on: Feb 18, 2003, 04:26PM »
at 4000rpm in 5th gear? i dont believe that.. hehe.. but that is what ur saying you've done so yeah.. i was closer to 4000rpm when i was past the dials limits, but that is what i got to.

when i put in all my cars specs to car test, it says that i should not be able to go over 198km/hr, but i have been, and with plenty of revs to go. so i dont know.

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #65 on: Feb 18, 2003, 05:47PM »
SammyJ

New exuast new, cat ,new spark plugs, new leads new, pod ,  changed oil, new filter......lots of dyno runs.....thats a lot of money...........

Why dont you ask your cousin, the person you bought the carfrom,  of  its mods???
That way, you'll know what other work has been done (maybe internals) and could link that too the problem?

Maybe the car was advanced something crazy, and during your last dyno run (after which your car started playing up) the guys who performed it, made the car ping to the bullshit, causing some internal fault?

Stop wasting money on relacing stuff that you may think it is. Get it looked at seriously. Given the good once over..........unless that is, you have lots of money to do that stuff. lol

SaMmYJ

Rghhh
« Reply #66 on: Feb 18, 2003, 06:43PM »
aghh i called my cusson he says he bought it like that and he cant contact the guy maybe it was pinging on dyno i duno mmmm who knoes a good mechanic in melb that i can take it to?? i should come to the meet so u can have a look :)

Offline Joczy

• antrx.com junkie
  • feed me guiness
« Reply #67 on: Feb 18, 2003, 06:55PM »
just out of curiosity sammyj, what gear were u in where u got ur peak power figure?? it shows around 110-112k's using the eyecrometer, if that was in second, this could go a long way to proove that u could do around 115 in second gear. just a thought!

i wound out my car once to 200kmh with crazynizgirl in the car, and from memory the car was only doing around 4700rpm, still with plenty more to go, and thats with 2 ppl in the car as well, so maybe our top speed could be around 220 maybe 230? if we can get sum more horses out of these engines, we could get sum nice top end speed  ;D although with so many speed cameras, maybe this is just a bad idea!!

sammy id get the car checked over, main emphasise on the electrical side of things first, anything that has an impact on the motor, then head to mechanical.

"It's darkest before dawn so if u want to steel ur neighbours newspaper thens the time to do it"

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #68 on: Feb 18, 2003, 07:07PM »
SaMmYJ: Can you tell us anymore symptoms, ie. what does the car drive like, does it stumble upon planting it or what?

SaMmYJ

ummm
« Reply #69 on: Feb 18, 2003, 07:36PM »
well i start it in moringin and the oil light comes on for like 4 sec then idels at 800 which is good then i take of and seems fast til i hit like 4g and all i hear is engin noise and no action while b4 it used to shove me in the back,  the dyno run was in 4th then he goes back to 3rd and floors is to get peek power , its got lambamode which its liek uphill or somethng they do to get power figure i think mmm also today the braket on drivers side rear snaped while changing to 2nd so i gota put a peice of wood under it so i can look stright ahhh gota get new seat now or weld it back together ! fuken problems and also now  i hear screehing sounds coming wen i hit brakes and stays wen i driving i duno !

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
« Reply #70 on: Feb 18, 2003, 07:45PM »
Scraping sound in brakes sounds like you need new pads - getting close to metal to metal by sound of it

This is quite common so would look at it first and arrange to get discs machined if your putting new pads on as this will give better clamping pressure and reliability out of your brakes
What is the point of a signature, who REALLY reads it??

SaMmYJ

wat pads//??
« Reply #71 on: Feb 18, 2003, 09:40PM »
wat pads u guys recomend i dont care about price i need qualirty i used to have a supra b4 this trx i only bought trx cus i need something to drive around til i get a subaru liberty b4 :)

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
« Reply #72 on: Feb 18, 2003, 09:59PM »
Bendix Racing pads would be what your after   ;)
What is the point of a signature, who REALLY reads it??

Offline Resin

• i have 5 studs
  • nsw local moderator
  • post whore
    • Gardening Forum
« Reply #73 on: Feb 18, 2003, 10:18PM »
Sammy those rims definitely look like Bluebird LX wheels. Why put them on a U12 TRX I don't know.

this is sorta going back to an earlier statement ......those wheels sammy has are off a pintara Ti model ............cause i have them ...or use to have them on mine

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #74 on: Feb 18, 2003, 11:02PM »
sammy, sounds like internal problems. how is your oil consumption? does it idle smoothly?

Offline RichTRX

• post whore
« Reply #75 on: Feb 19, 2003, 12:38AM »
Thankz for clearing that up resin89ti I think I remember seeing them on a Ti now..
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #76 on: Feb 19, 2003, 08:39AM »
Long Thread now :)

We are going to get to the bottom of samm's Problems!!!!!

SaMmYJ

ahh
« Reply #77 on: Feb 19, 2003, 09:46AM »
it idels good sometimes and shit sometimes oil is normal thu i duno

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #78 on: Feb 19, 2003, 10:20AM »
Well in that case, i can't rule out cylinder head problems.

SaMmYJ

« Reply #79 on: Feb 19, 2003, 11:48PM »
duno seems to run good today but only can do 90 in 2nd mmm duno shit box .

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
« Reply #80 on: Feb 19, 2003, 11:57PM »
Are u still able to reach the redline??
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #81 on: Feb 20, 2003, 12:37AM »
just to further add to my earlier comment, i wanted to see how far i could get when i hit the fuel cut in my car, i got to 112km/hr on the fuel cut.. not that i'd want to mak a habit of that.

SaMmYJ

« Reply #82 on: Feb 20, 2003, 10:01AM »
aghh i cant reach redlineonly ifi full on push it but car aint moving anything aftes 5g m mmmm today at uni i saw a guy whith white on plates trx 01 :P

SaMmYJ

« Reply #83 on: Feb 20, 2003, 10:04AM »
aghhh if anyone sees my car around its the one with big nissan sticker at front and rajab sticker at back :) n dumped on its tities :P

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #84 on: Feb 20, 2003, 10:29AM »
didnt know cars had tities?

mine is dumped on its arse (not as big as some!)

Noss, 112km in 22nd at fuel cut?
Geez.not bad..............me got to gets one of those chips or extractors or something!?!?!?!?

All the mother of all CAI's!!!!!

mr azz

« Reply #85 on: Mar 21, 2003, 05:58PM »
my car has fuck all done to it and it pulls around 110 and i havent hit the limiter in 2nd yet
as for red lining in 5th @ 200
are you sure that your not still in 4th or something?
i have plenty of revs left after winding it off the clock and you can still feel it pulling

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #86 on: Mar 21, 2003, 06:37PM »
nah, i dont redline at 200km/hr in 5th. no where near the redline. i hope i didnt write that, cause that is wrong. i'm at around 3500-3800rpm or so when i reached about 215km/hr

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
« Reply #87 on: Mar 21, 2003, 10:52PM »
nah, i dont redline at 200km/hr in 5th. no where near the redline. i hope i didnt write that, cause that is wrong. i'm at around 3500-3800rpm or so when i reached about 215km/hr

where have u done those crazy speeds? Would've wanted a pretty nice wide open straight road.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #88 on: Mar 21, 2003, 11:11PM »
it was thru mount dandenong on the tourist road  :P

nah, it was actually on a very long, very straight & very boring open counrty road.

Offline RichTRX

• post whore
« Reply #89 on: Mar 25, 2003, 10:41AM »
I've found that my TRX does 20km/h for every 500rpm in 5th. ie. 1500 @ 60, 2000 @ 80, 2500 @ 100 so shouldn't it be about 5000 at 200? I've done 120 and it was 3000 so it seems pretty consistant.
 ???