Author Topic: Any Cricketers??  (Read 19246 times)

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
Any Cricketers??
« on: May 12, 2007, 09:23PM »
Hey yall,

any cricketers on here? or am i a loner  ;D

if so, what grade/s do/did you play?
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
Re: Any Cricketers??
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 10:08PM »
im cricket mad! i watched nearly every world cup match even crap ones like canada vs ireland.

I played through most of highschool but as i just finished i dont play anymore.

i want to join a club but i dont know who to play for or what grade i'd be in any ideas?
Noss you look like a cereal killer ;D

well not our fault that saantrx is gay as

Offline Legend Killer

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 10:46PM »
Yeah i play cricket not outdoor but indoor its a lot faster its great. Play c grade men, my team is all in high school still and we are top of the ladder which is quite good. Use to play B grade but the team i was wit stop playing so i got my own team now.
TRX POWER!!!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 01:48PM »
i want to join a club but i dont know who to play for or what grade i'd be in any ideas?
I couldnt tell you without seeing what you can do, but if you think your ok go out to district seniors and you just work your way up through the ranks like i have. If you dont fancy yourself, just go out to any local club and give it a go. Local Club much easier, almost certain starter in B grade at least.

I play C-grade seniors at Woodville district, and had a few games of U/17's last year back at Ingle Farm while i was still eligible.

I played indoor when i was younger, but i find there isnt as much skill etc involved. Just hit and run. With my outdoor i enjoy it because the quality batsmen need patience, skill and precision, as well as good judgement. Once you are out, you are out. But thats just my opinion.
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 03:04PM »
i'm by no means a really good player, i think i averaged around 15 ish in yr 12.

i might try a few local clubs just to see how i go. its not cricket season right now is it?

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 04:44PM »
i disagree indoor does aquire a great amount of reflex and skill. one slip up batting and the ball is in the air bouncing of the nets for a catch. also you need quick ass reflexes to keep it off the net so they dont score extra runs.
TRX POWER!!!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 05:14PM »
i'm by no means a really good player, i think i averaged around 15 ish in yr 12.

i might try a few local clubs just to see how i go. its not cricket season right now is it?
It sure isnt. Love to see people getting out there, the game of cricket is great.

i disagree indoor does aquire a great amount of reflex and skill. one slip up batting and the ball is in the air bouncing of the nets for a catch. also you need quick ass reflexes to keep it off the net so they dont score extra runs.
One slip up in outdoor and its all over, hence the reason i love the game. I have experienced both forms, and i prefer outdoor. But each to their own.

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 07:30PM »
there both good in there ways i guess i just find playing outdoor very boring especially fielding
TRX POWER!!!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 08:50PM »
Haha im totally opposite, not just because i love outdoor, but i do love fielding. Lethal when it comes my way now, never used to be but you need to enjoy it to be good at it. Thats how i found it anyway.

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 11:50PM »
yeah the only fielding postion i loved in outdoor was the slips thats bout it its a good feeling catching a ball after a massive nick :D
TRX POWER!!!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 11:54PM »
I love bein in close, not silly but just in close. like half pitch length, sort of straightish. still a big task, quick reflexes etc. either that or midwicket, get a good run around there. but i could go on, i just love the fielding. personally hate the slips, not a fan. gully is ok. FAVS would be square leg, mid wicket, mid on, mid off, covers, gully. the rest are OK, bar slips. once again, personal opinion. so im assuming as you dont play much outdoor none of you boys have relatively any gear? love to hear what you have if you do.

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 12:45AM »
yeh mid on/off is my fave nothing more satisfying then a close call direct hit run out! i find square leg is good for catches (noobs going for the pull shot)

as for gear i have a kookaburra bubble cost around $180. and to be honest it isnt the greatest bat, i find it dull and unmanouverable not bad for playing straight tho.

any of you guys have season averages?

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 02:47PM »
dont play outdoor as much as my other mate his obsessed but i got a few bats i will get a pic and post it on here later tonight
TRX POWER!!!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 03:19PM »
My Gear: -Puma Vortex 4000 bat
             -Gray Nicholls Predator bat
             -Puma Ballistic 4000 gloves
             -Chunky Kookaburra pads
             -Gray Nicholls boots

My Season Last Year: last year i came second in the runs for woodville district d grade, and im only 16. i went up to the c's, and should probably be starting there next year. i cant remember what the average was, but i was a consistent scorer at that district level (keeping mind i was the youngest at 16 and it was only my second year of district). Scores included 21, 25, 36, 43, 44, 54 all pretty much in a row. first few matches of the year i didnt perform, so i got dropped, then i came back and produced those scores consistently. On many occasions i helped the team out of trouble, or on toward victory/even avoiding outright losses on my own. The senior coach of all senior grades (A,B,C,D) told the whole awards function centre that there were 3 contenders for his personal award, and i was one of them. I felt i had an awesome season last year, and so did everyone else. Hoping to continue that. hence the reason i said you have to enjoy it to perform. I started enjoying it, and then came my scores.

Offline msnisn

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 08:31PM »
How exciting!!

Thought i could put a little post on this one!!

I've started playing mixed indoor cricket with my other half, major league i think it is this season.  Dunno if you guys have that at your indoor centres, but it's different centres playing against each other.  Played my first game 2 weeks ago.  Was absolutely crapping myself, i think I'm pretty good with the bat, but come bowling I'm pretty bad!!  But i actually surprised myself for my first game.  Made 5 runs, would of made more if the bloody fielders would drop some catches!!  And on my bowling we got 2 out, can't remember how many runs i got hit for, some 2 digit amount, think it may of started with a 2 or 3, dunno, trying to forget!!

Really enjoying it, though!!  Love Cricket, but only after AFL that is!!

Louise
Everything in life happens for a reason, learn by mistakes, and for god sake don't do them again!!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 10:44PM »
Nice to see some females in the action  ;D
My mrs tried out for her school team,but she didnt get in. She made this assumption that if she got in i would help her ???
haha nah i would have. Just went for my weekly monday night hit at adelaide oval. Come out a bit rough n battered. 4 hits to the young body.
All in good fun though  :P

Offline Wimbie

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 10:56PM »
Ive Played outdoor cricket since i was about 8 or 9. I now just play for golden grove cricket club in the under 17s league. Its a great club,  not to serious just there for some fun. My older brother got me into the game. He used to play indoor cricket for south australia before uni took over his life. I prefer the outdoor game but i love both versions of the game.

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 11:56PM »
There both good lately in indoor ive been goin shitter in batting but bowling and fielding im improving every game. highest score i have managed in indoor wit me batting partner  was 86 after the four overs.:D . we were playing the crapest team of adults ive ever seen though.
TRX POWER!!!

Offline NIZ013

• No longer a Nissan Driver...
  • post whore
    • UDC
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 10:57AM »
I played outdoor when i was in primary school. I went to a small private school, and i was the only chick on the boys team. First time a chick had tried out for a boys team and got in at that school. The boys stuck me at tail end for batting as i was a chick, so never really got much of a chance, but i did manage to score 15 runs, not out, off the last 4 balls (3x 4's and a 3) in the first game that i did actually get to bat. They also used to shove me at mid-on or mid-off, cos none of them would field there.

I also used to bowl leg-spinner, and you can imagine how cut the boys got when i bowled them out... lol

I also played indoor cricket in a mixed team when i was in high school, which i loved, but that was quite a few years ago now. I personally preferred indoor, due to the faster pace of the whole game. I can't stand still enough in one place to enjoy the fielding in outdoor.

Offline brent_ford310

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 11:31AM »
LOVE MY CRICKET!!! AUS WORLD CUP 06!!!!!! um i am a wicket keeper opening batsman avg 46 last year and made the semi finals... shattereing loss by 7 runs, play 2's n 3's but get no respect coz im only 18 so guna change from golden point CC to Buninyong CC... that way i'll play firsts (hada  chat with their coach) and yeh go from there... always good fun!! ive played both indoor and outdoor... outdoor kicks ass u can play the hook, the cut, the sweep, the leg glance, the dancing cover drive, also smashing spinners over the fence is always a good feeling... and wicketkeeping in outdoor is good fun too probably rank them even (indoor V outdoor) in the keeper department...

but nah mate u aint alone a few cricketers love their cars too haha

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 04:59PM »
Ive Played outdoor cricket since i was about 8 or 9. I now just play for golden grove cricket club in the under 17s league. Its a great club,  not to serious just there for some fun. My older brother got me into the game. He used to play indoor cricket for south australia before uni took over his life. I prefer the outdoor game but i love both versions of the game.
Wimb you probably played against me then. I played for Ingle Farm on sundays and Woodville on saturdays. I made 59 not out against you boys n won the farmers the game  :P And had an argument with your coach from the batting crease while i was at it. Opened the bowling aswell. Anything ticking?

Offline Milford

• resident clown
  • post whore
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 03:04PM »
i used to play but i broke my thumb taking a catch in reps when i was about 16 (still held onto the catch somehow) and was out for the season, played a bit the next season but then started working on saturdays and just got over it in general.

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #22 on: Sep 4, 2007, 08:43PM »
Sorry to dig lads, but were approaching the season. Get out there!!! Ive been training all year round. Feel in good touch, district season starts first weekend of October i believe, dont know about Local. Love to get an ongoing conversation on, even just weekly updates on how everyone is feeling. I would love to hear from you all. Even any thoughts on the topic of cricket would be nice :P

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #23 on: Sep 7, 2007, 09:00PM »
haha good thing bout indoor its all year round.... Currently we are 4th on the ladder and we just got bumped up another grade so its hard.
TRX POWER!!!

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #24 on: Sep 11, 2007, 11:26PM »
im hell keen to sign up with a club this season...cricket is the main thing i miss about school! im thinking maybe i can convince some mates to sign up with me at the marion club :P never know bill i might be playing ya one day haha

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #25 on: Sep 11, 2007, 11:34PM »
never know bill i might be playing ya one day haha
try me homie  :P come out to woodville, if ur half decent they will chuck u in the D-grade. when i first went out to woodville i was scared of the f'n ball, and they still played me. Now im facing A-grade bowlers in the nets, and they like what they see *apparently*. Woodville will play anyone.

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #26 on: Sep 11, 2007, 11:45PM »
To be honest the thought of a A-grade player bowling a pace ball at me scares the shit out of me   :-\ Don't know how you guys do it!!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #27 on: Sep 11, 2007, 11:54PM »
Not going to be much cricket in Vic this year if we don't get some FUCKING RAIN!!!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #28 on: Sep 12, 2007, 12:27AM »
yeah? where abouts is the woodville club?

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #29 on: Sep 12, 2007, 10:53AM »
To be honest the thought of a A-grade player bowling a pace ball at me scares the shit out of me   :-\ Don't know how you guys do it!!
I dont know how i do it either... Its weird.

yeah? where abouts is the woodville club?
When i think about it, its a bit far for you to travel. Its off Port Road, in Woodville. Maybe try Sturt, they're D-grade is shithouse, no probs getting into there.

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #30 on: Sep 12, 2007, 07:54PM »
yeah im average to bad, i was in 1st XI last yr in highschool but there was only 2 teams :P probably would have averaged somewhere just under 20 with a h.s of 48!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #31 on: Sep 13, 2007, 09:07PM »
Just go and try your luck, thats all i did. If you look promising, theyll play you. Just dont jump away from the ball, and don get out, keep the ball down, theyll love you.

P.S: look at your post count, you devil-ish biatch

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #32 on: Sep 17, 2007, 08:55PM »
Well lads, i bought a new bat. Woo  ;D

Now my gear consists of: -Puma Vortex 4000 bat
                                   -Puma Evolution HP bat
                                   -Gray Nicholls Predator 500 bat
                                   -Puma Ballistic 4000 gloves
                                   -SA Redbacks Gloves
                                   -Chunky Kookaburra Genesis pads
                                   -Gray Nicholls boots

Also got my old Puma regripped. With a ballistic grip.

Offline Legend Killer

« Reply #33 on: Sep 17, 2007, 10:39PM »
I went out and bought a breast cancer grip i think there bloody awesome....  ill get a photo of my bats tomorrow and post it on here.
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2007, 01:26AM by Legend Killer »
TRX POWER!!!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #34 on: Sep 17, 2007, 11:04PM »
Same, ill get pics of all my gear.

Offline brent_ford310

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #35 on: Sep 19, 2007, 04:31PM »
hey guys... joined in a bit late haha
keen to get the new season under way haha
im a wicketkeeper/opening bat...
playing 2's locally this season and just got a new stick!!
YAY!! good old ebay.. got the new PUMA ballistic 6000 (boxing day edition) 125/200
just tossing up whether to use it or frame it haha personally signed n all...

other gear:
- New PUMA ballistic 6000 (boxing day edition) 125/200
- MRF genius bat
- Puma Classic 5000 (keeping pads and gloves and inners)
- Puma Stealth 5000 (batting pads and gloves)
- Kookaburra Thigh Guard
- Puma Shoes
- Albion Helmet
- How much do you guys pay per season...?? (to play)
- Here its $160 per season plus $10 per game...
expensive but for the love of the game  ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2007, 04:34PM by brent_ford310 »

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #36 on: Sep 19, 2007, 08:05PM »
ohhhh sexy bat...such nice curves  ;D

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #37 on: Sep 20, 2007, 12:20AM »
I love the ballistic series, spesh the LE's with Castrol stickers n autographs. But in saying that, use it. They arent worth anything anyway. Something like the Slazenger Bradman bat, The Don, or the Puma Tribute (handcrafted individually n shit to spec) are worth money i think, not the ballistics. Goods bats though.

Will take my pics tomorrow... Been busy with exams

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #38 on: Sep 24, 2007, 06:06PM »
Had first trial game of the season yesterday, and MAN have i pulled up sore. Legs are nearly collapsing under me, its shocking. Never been this bad before. Batted for like 3 overs, made 7 runs. Batted nicely, timing and hitting nicely from ball one, pity there was like negative 4 overs left and we were set a target of 6-8 runs an over. Considering the circumstances, i was ok. I cant wait until im given a full game to bat, im feeling in fine form.

Pics of the gear will be up tonight, got nothing to do for school finally.

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #39 on: Sep 24, 2007, 07:22PM »
i guess i shouldnt leave it much longer if i want to sign up hey!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #40 on: Sep 24, 2007, 08:44PM »
I wouldnt mate, first game is not this weekend, but the next. (6th october).

Offline brent_ford310

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #41 on: Sep 25, 2007, 08:56AM »
Bathurst weekend?!?! SERIOUS!?! i thought it'd be the week after ... farrrk better go to training this week haha

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #42 on: Sep 25, 2007, 05:24PM »
In SA that is... October 6th is first game, one dayer i believe.

Offline Wimbie

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #43 on: Oct 7, 2007, 09:18PM »
hey bill i do remember you and my coach arguing. you played in my mates team. are you still at ingle farm or have you moved onto bigger and better things

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #44 on: Oct 21, 2007, 11:02AM »
hey bill i do remember you and my coach arguing.
Whoopsy haha.

you played in my mates team.
Who is your mate?

are you still at ingle farm or have you moved onto bigger and better things
Im not allowed to play at Ingle Farm this year, too old for Under 17's. Im still playing at Woodville, same as the last 2 years lol! In the C's at the moment, weve won 2 from 2, and we play Port's this week, so we should be three from three!! What about yourself?

Offline Wimbie

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #45 on: Oct 23, 2007, 08:26PM »
Who is your mate?
um CJ or nathan dont know which one you know him by.

At the moment im not playing at all. Golden Grove didnt fill a under 17's team and i cant play seniors because its on saturdays and i work saturdays. I dont really want to go to another club im not up for the travelling 2 or 3 times a week.

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #46 on: Oct 24, 2007, 12:14AM »
Ahhh Nathan, yeah he opened the bowling with me.

Offline mikelarry

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #47 on: Oct 28, 2007, 09:25AM »
love cricket!!!!! both games indoor and outdoor and watch religousily !!! favourite batsman is Sachin Tendulkar and Brett lee best bowler :)

i play indoor cricket and love it... its a good workout, fun with mates and never boring!!!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #48 on: Oct 28, 2007, 10:20AM »
WDCC are on a high!!! Im in the C's, weve won 3 from 3 so far. Yesterday was my first chance at batting for the season, and im number 5!!! I made 52, team is 6 for 150 or so.

Picked up my new stick too, Puma Evolution HP, jesus it looks nice. Them photos are slowly coming hahah!!

Offline bigpud2012

• "I drive a pissweak auto"
  • post whore
    • RSI - Adelade Sports Imagery - Clipsal 500 Classic Adelaide etc
« Reply #49 on: Nov 25, 2007, 07:34PM »

yeh thats what id do if i bowled at you jaye! As unlike Bill, i played for Strurt DCC A Grade which is one if the premier clubs in the SACA grade comp. Not to metion i played for SA and was in the redbacks squad until the other year i stuffed my shoulder up which required a reconstruction!

this season have been unable to play due to tearing ligaments in ankle!

oh not to metnion WDCC arent much competition, go play with my boys at sturt ;)

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #50 on: Nov 26, 2007, 10:29AM »
yeh thats what id do if i bowled at you jaye! As unlike Bill, i played for Strurt DCC A Grade which is one if the premier clubs in the SACA grade comp. Not to metion i played for SA and was in the redbacks squad until the other year i stuffed my shoulder up which required a reconstruction!

this season have been unable to play due to tearing ligaments in ankle!

oh not to metnion WDCC arent much competition, go play with my boys at sturt ;)

I don't understand, why would you scare the sh*t out of yourself if you bowled at me?

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #51 on: Nov 26, 2007, 06:01PM »
I don't understand, why would you scare the sh*t out of yourself if you bowled at me?
Coz hes a dumbass!!!  ;D

In A grade comp pud, Sturt and Woodville are both basically equal tops.
In C grade, Woodville have won 4/4 games, and weve already had the bye. Sturt have won 2, had a draw, and have the bye this week.
The stats make them seem "miles" better  :P

Offline FRAZE

• antrx.com full member
  • while at work im missin my nissan
« Reply #52 on: Apr 25, 2008, 09:34AM »
im  another bloke that loves their  cricket , well  all sports really , ive played superleague /majorleague indoor  cricket at Altona,Werribee, Croydon  and now im playin for Box Hill .I also  played  A grade turf  for
Deer  Park and Barkly. Im a  left  handed  medium  fast  bowler and  usually  bat at 5.But not  playin  at the moment cause my  new  job needs  me to work  sats. :(
Both indoor and  outdoor  are  great games of cricket and  both require a lot of skill  to master it but i  reccommend  it to any1  that is keen to have a  go
[R31WGN]     [MRNISN]     [AUSGTS]    [R31SKY]